Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

It's offical 3ds was jailbroken before vita

Underground 3DS Discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
xcrimsonstormx

It's offical 3ds was jailbroken before vita

Post by xcrimsonstormx »

Well it's official that the 3ds is finally jail-broken before the vita was i'm really disappointed i thought there would be a vita jailbreak by now i guess maybe that will inspire people here a wololo to work harder at finding a jailbreak for the vita here is the info if your curious about the new 3ds flash-cart.

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/products.html

I'm not sure why i'm posting this I really just wanna here some feedback about what this will mean for the vita as for a jailbreak and what does this mean for the hacking community as a whole is this the breakthourgh we've been waiting for or is this gonna have any effect on the vita at all.

Thanks for reading. :D
Advertising
Ipod Touch IOS 6.1 Jailbroken eVasion
Wii Soft Modded with Letterbomb
Phat Xbox 360
Deus

Re: It's offical 3ds was jailbroken before vita

Post by Deus »

Interesting. I do know another company has claimed 75% progress so far but this company still does not have them for sale correct?
Advertising
Malachi

Post by Malachi »

xcrimsonstormx wrote:i'm really disappointed i thought there would be a vita jailbreak by now
The 3DS has been out for over 2 years now and a card has finally been made public. The Vita has been out in less time. Have patience friend.
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

This isn't a jailbreak. Its just a flashcart aiming to make a quick buck. If its real, it'll get patched shut in no time.
Plus, the 3DS was released nearly a year before the Vita. All things being equal, it makes perfect sense having this occur first.

Also, this has nothing to do with the Vita. Moved to Other Platforms/ Homebrews & Security :arrow:
xcrimsonstormx

Post by xcrimsonstormx »

Deus wrote:Interesting. I do know another company has claimed 75% progress so far but this company still does not have them for sale correct?
No but there planning on releasing soon

=================================================
jc_gargma wrote:This isn't a jailbreak. Its just a flashcart aiming to make a quick buck. If its real, it'll get patched shut in no time.
Plus, the 3DS was released nearly a year before the Vita. All things being equal, it makes perfect sense having this occur first.

Also, this has nothing to do with the Vita. Moved to Other Platforms/ Homebrews & Security :arrow:
With all do respect this is more progress than the vita has made in a while i have nothing against the vita I've owned one and had the uno jailbreak as well but since then i haven't seen any kernel exploits released while the 3ds is potentially on the verge of a new flash-cart potentialy allowing 3d home-brew and backups of the 3d games while yes the vita has been only out for a year and the 3ds has been out for 2 i'm just starting to lose hope maybe soon it will be renewed with a new kernel exploit.
Hopefully :lol:
Last edited by fate6 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post
Ipod Touch IOS 6.1 Jailbroken eVasion
Wii Soft Modded with Letterbomb
Phat Xbox 360
Mozzo

Post by Mozzo »

Deus wrote:Interesting. I do know another company has claimed 75% progress so far but this company still does not have them for sale correct?
You mean the Crown3DS, that was a fake and will never get released.
This time, with the gateway 3ds (http://www.gateway-3ds.com) which seems to be real, it is supposed to get shipped within two weeks.

EDIT: @fate: tztztztz... this ;)
Last edited by Mozzo on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

jc_gargma wrote:This isn't a jailbreak. Its just a flashcart aiming to make a quick buck. If its real, it'll get patched shut in no time.

that^

BTW dont ever and I mean ever put "jailbreak" and "Vita" together again
it already irritates me when noobs like yourself call PSP CFW "jailbreaks" so you can imagine im not keen on the Vita being slandered in the same way

keep that word with Apple devices not Playstation
(I am willing to compromise with the PS3 but ol showoffHots had nothing to do with the handhelds)
it will be renewed with a new kernel exploit.
don't hold your breath :roll:
BTW take a look at the security in Nintendo anything then take a look at Sony
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

xcrimsonstormx wrote:With all do respect this is more progress than the vita has made in a while i have nothing against the vita I've owned one and had the uno jailbreak as well but since then i haven't seen any kernel exploits released while the 3ds is potentially on the verge of a new flash-cart potentialy allowing 3d home-brew and backups of the 3d games while yes the vita has been only out for a year and the 3ds has been out for 2 i'm just starting to lose hope maybe soon it will be renewed with a new kernel exploit.
Hopefully :lol:
first of all, it won't allow homebrew, it will ONLY allow piracy (this has been said by the company themselves), secondly, don't dare compare sony's security with nintendo's, it's comparing a tank with a car, and last but not least, vita devs don't have to "hack" the vita just because the 3DS was hacked, how does this even make any sense?
fate6 wrote: BTW dont ever and I mean ever put "jailbreak" and "Vita" together again
it already irritates me when noobs like yourself call PSP CFW "jailbreaks" so you can imagine im not keen on the Vita being slandered in the same way

(I am willing to compromise with the PS3 but ol showoffHots had nothing to do with the handhelds)
well I prefer the term MFW (Modified Firmware) over CFW simply because the former one has more truth in it than the latter one
Davee
Guru

Post by Davee »

fate6 wrote:

that^

BTW dont ever and I mean ever put "jailbreak" and "Vita" together again

it will be renewed with a new kernel exploit.
don't hold your breath :roll:
BTW take a look at the security in Nintendo anything then take a look at Sony
vita jailbreak vita jailbreak vita jailbreak vita jailbreak vita jailbreak
Follow me on twitter: @DaveeFTW
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

i'm really disappointed i thought there would be a vita jailbreak by now i guess maybe that will inspire people here a wololo to work harder at finding a jailbreak
This really gets my jimmies in a twist. Stop expecting stuff to happen, like its SUPPOSED to happen in a certain time frame. Disappointed because other people are working and dont hand out free work by the time you want it. sheesh
Inspire? Well is it inspiring you?
Acid_Snake wrote:secondly, don't dare compare sony's security with nintendo's, it's comparing a tank with a car, and last but not least, vita devs don't have to "hack" the vita just because the 3DS was hacked, how does this even make any sense?
fate6 wrote: BTW dont ever and I mean ever put "jailbreak" and "Vita" together again

Return to “Programming and Security”