Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS3 downgrade using kernel exploit?

Everything that is PS3-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
jhuebert95

PS3 downgrade using kernel exploit?

Post by jhuebert95 »

I have a PS3 SuperSlim on OFW 4.40. Obviously I can't downgrade to 3.55 since there are no flashers available for the SuperSlim models. So in short, there is technically no way to install CFW on my PS3 BUT...both the PSP and PS Vita have had exploits. Kernel exploits to be exact. Now that the lvl0 (and i believe lvl2 but im not 100% on that) keys have been leaked for the PS3, is it possible to downgrade to 3.55 on a SuperSlim if done from within a Kernel exploit? and wouldn't it be easier (i said easier NOT easy!) to find an kexploit on PS3 since we have the keys and so forth?
Advertising
jhuebert95
Black PSP 1001 - 6.60 ME-2 & 6.60 PRO-C2
Black PS Vita 1001- 3.60 w/ HENkaku
Black PS3 CECH-4001C - Latest OFW
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: PS3 downgrade using kernel exploit?

Post by SMOKE »

In order to install 4.xx CFW, you have to be able to downgrade to 3.55, and thats not possible with the super slim.
Also, right now the latest CFW is 4.30
Advertising
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

SMOKE wrote:Also, right now the latest CFW is 4.30
what about MiralaTijera's 4.40 CFW? was it fake? I'm not much into the ps3 scene so I don't quite follow the latest updates
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

Acid_Snake wrote:
what about MiralaTijera's 4.40 CFW? was it fake? I'm not much into the ps3 scene so I don't quite follow the latest updates
Thats a spanish firmware. I didnt mention it because its in spanish.
But you still need to be able to downgrade to 3.55
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

SMOKE wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:
Thats a spanish firmware. I didnt mention it because its in spanish.
But you still need to be able to downgrade to 3.55
so? can't you like, change the system language?
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

Acid_Snake wrote:so? can't you like, change the system language?
Im sure you can, but thats not the point.
The point is that you have to downgrade your PS3 before installing a 4.xx CFW, and thats not possible with the super slim
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

no, the point is that you said that 4.30 was the latest CFW and I said that 4.40 was
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

Acid_Snake wrote:no, the point is that you said that 4.30 was the latest CFW and I said that 4.40 was
I didnt say 4.40 because Im not sure what language the 4.40 CFW is
DMTea

Post by DMTea »

jhuebert95 wrote:I have a PS3 SuperSlim on OFW 4.40. Obviously I can't downgrade to 3.55 since there are no flashers available for the SuperSlim models. So in short, there is technically no way to install CFW on my PS3 BUT...both the PSP and PS Vita have had exploits. Kernel exploits to be exact. Now that the lvl0 (and i believe lvl2 but im not 100% on that) keys have been leaked for the PS3, is it possible to downgrade to 3.55 on a SuperSlim if done from within a Kernel exploit? and wouldn't it be easier (i said easier NOT easy!) to find an kexploit on PS3 since we have the keys and so forth?
3.55 firmware doesn't support the superslims hardware. If you found an exploit in 4.40 ofw - Goodluck trying to figure out if its kernel or usermode.

The keys affect older generation hardware. So No. Unless you install 4.40 ofw on a Slim ps3 w/ a flasher, you could find exploits with a program like PSPLink but for ps3. And usually people who know how to do that stuff, don't release easy installers for us noobs lol, usually...

Buy a 3.55 slim or flasher + slim on 4.40 ofw. You're not going to get a jb-easy install-downgrade-allPS3s.pup
Guize I can haz kernal cuz i got purtty cmd window to say stuffs.
jhuebert95

Post by jhuebert95 »

Thanks for all the feedback. Since CFW isn't an option here, is anyone working on any new stuff currently? As in any projects that are ongoing? And why is it that the 4.xx cfw's need to be installed from 3.55? What's the significance of 3.55? From what I've heard you can install 4.xx cfw from 3.55 cfw OR ofw. What makes it impossible to install cfw except from 3.55? Is something blocked on the newer firmwares?
jhuebert95
Black PSP 1001 - 6.60 ME-2 & 6.60 PRO-C2
Black PS Vita 1001- 3.60 w/ HENkaku
Black PS3 CECH-4001C - Latest OFW

Return to “General”