Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

plagu

Re: About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

Post by plagu »

Khanduras wrote: Even though it's possible, I highly doubt anyone from Sony has registered on the site. Even if one did, the leak didn't happen because Sony found out about it. The leak happened because a member of the community went and plastered it all over Sony's official PS Vita forums, which in turn is how Sony found out about it, if they even took the information seriously.
im pretty sure that sony has specific people who's only job is to look what happens in scene, and i'm 100% certain that those people are also registered to this site. all major companies do this and there is nothing new about it. Really naive to think anything else.
Advertising
turkeY

Post by turkeY »

Yeah I gotta say I found about UNO on some anon board just asking about possible cfw for the vita (as I was completely new to the vita scene) and that was about 3 days before the main release. I had an idea for a tiered release, so release it gradually to the most trustworthy people first (dunno how you'd measure this) but if anyone who signs up can get it then it aint particularly ninja.
Advertising
taiyaki04
Location: investigating the Ethereal Horizon with the wielder of Jao Shingan

Post by taiyaki04 »

turkeY wrote:Yeah I gotta say I found about UNO on some anon board just asking about possible cfw for the vita (as I was completely new to the vita scene) and that was about 3 days before the main release. I had an idea for a tiered release, so release it gradually to the most trustworthy people first (dunno how you'd measure this) but if anyone who signs up can get it then it aint particularly ninja.
but, but, but, but....

but the sticky says it is showed to the most trustworthy persons first... so i think anyone who just signed up will get the release about 24 hours before the public announcement/release

dirtabd wrote:if you were to go super top secret CIA ninja release, you could release the game names and the actual eCFW ect. links through ninja releases for all the registered users
i think, not gonna happen... if someone leaks the game name, it means he/she is part of the ninja release... meaning he/she has the files... so, what will happen is that, not only the game name is leaked, but also the files...
i hope K-on! will have a season 3. if that happens, i will cry my heart out with happiness
devices
PSP 2000 fully hackable - 6.60 me 1.6+pro-c
PSVita 3.01 3g/wifi
PSVita 1.81 wifi urbanix tn-c
xentar

Post by xentar »

by turkeY » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:56 am
Yeah I gotta say I found about UNO on some anon board just asking about possible cfw for the vita (as I was completely new to the vita scene) and that was about 3 days before the main release. I had an idea for a tiered release, so release it gradually to the most trustworthy people first (dunno how you'd measure this) but if anyone who signs up can get it then it aint particularly ninja.
The ninja release is already tiered so that more trusted members get to see the flyer first. It's a good system that accomplishes what it attempts to (the devs sharing thier work with as many people as possible.)

Until an exploit is released that can be sideloaded then that situation won't change and the nature of humans isn't likely to either.

Thanks to all invloved in finding, and releasing this exploit :D. Also to all the members that fulfilled thier side of the bargain and kept quiet. It's a great community so it's a shame to measure it by it's lowest common denominator.
PS Vita wifi 2.02 uno TN-C eCFW| PS Vita 3g 3.00 ofw| PS3 Slim Rogero 4.46 CEX| PSP-3000 03g 6.20 PRO-B10 | PSP Go 05g 6.20 PRO-B10
sixastrix

Post by sixastrix »

O-bake wrote: Anyways, I really would like to know how many copies of Uno (as well as of the previous exploit games) were downloaded to estimate the theoretical maximum of Vitas with eCFW capability.
If everyone who downloads Uno for using it as exploit, rate it, you may estimate it based on how many rating Uno gets.
taiyaki04 wrote:but the sticky says it is showed to the most trustworthy persons first... so i think anyone who just signed up will get the release about 24 hours before the public announcement/release
yea it's true, I got the ninja release in about 24 hours before the public announcement (it has announced publicly, so I assume it's okay if I brag about the fact that I got the release, right? :) ), I am fairly new in this forum.
Anyway, I would like to say thank you to all the devs and all the forum staffs for giving the trust to me to see the ninja release. I really appreciate it!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
KamenRider

Post by KamenRider »

I don't think they'll do a Ninja Release for eCFW. Just saying.
Corey96

Post by Corey96 »

dirtabd wrote:Hey WO LoLo if you were to go super top secret CIA ninja release, you could release the game names and the actual eCFW ect. links through ninja releases for all the registered users, that way Sony doesnt get wind of the game name or the eCFW files until everyone has got a chance to get at the ninja, plus if all the other websites that use your info went to all ninja releases in some way, then we could have plenty of time to spread the exploit game names and the eCFW files before Big Brother Sony even figures out what the exploit game is! I think if we all put our heads together we could come up with a much more efficient and leak proof way to release the next game exploits. What about a referral only release in the future so no Sony guys register on your site. If you would like some outside the box ideas, feel free to contact me I would be willing to help in the discussion of future releases. If not no worries, do what you do best yo...

Dirt
Dirt, one major problem. There will always be leaks. Even if we went through and figured out who was trustworthy and who should be excluded from the release, we have new people joining all the time. There will ALWAYS be leaks. If we distributed the files, those leaks would not only give Sony the name of the game to remove from the store but the exploit to begin work on patching the new kernel exploit. We could end up with a new OFW before the exploit release if it happened early in the release and, sorry, I have to say it, if Sam Jordam came back. As well as that, remember the Coldbird situation? Sam Jordam leaked useless encrypted files of a CFW (which we recently found out is still being worked on by other members of Team PRO) and Coldbird left scene. Dirt, releasing the files with the Ninja Release is just a disaster waiting to happen. I'm one of the first people to get the Ninja Release and there can be a long period between the start of a ninja release to the public release. If somebody had an account in that first tier and leaked it we could literally have a new firmware update that blocks the exploit out before the end of the release. I think the motive for Sony not to pull the game from the store when it gets leaked when it's an eCFW (besides the fact that the leak could be false, which didn't stop them with Mad Blocker Alpha) is that they don't have the kernel exploit. If they pull the game they're aware that we may well not release the kernel exploit for that game and simply release a usermode exploit for the people that got it (depending on how close to finishing the ninja release was). They know that we may well save the kernel exploit for the next firmware update on a new game so they will let the release finish and then swiftly remove the game, wait for the files and patch it in a new firmware update. This didn't count in the case of Mad Blocker Alpha as on 1.81 we released three usermode exploits on the same firmware, and as such, they already had the kernel exploit we were using. On that firmware, to our surprise, they didn't quickly patch it for the reason that they were working on 2.00, a firmware with some actual features! They can, and will, patch it quickly in the future and if we released the files with the exploit they could patch the kernel exploit before we even finished the ninja release!
~Corey

P.S.
Sorry for the wall of text.
Also, no offence was intended, I was just giving reasons as to why that would not be a good idea.

Edit: Oh, Kamen. All the eCFW releases have happened through ninja releases. The recent Uno ninja release was for eCFW.
My Devices
Why do you care that I have a...
PSP 3000 4g that I bricked,
An iPod Touch 4g running a 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak,
A PS Vita on 2.02 OFW running TN-C for... UNO!
And a Fat PS3 running 4.30 Rogero?

Return to “Homebrews”