Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Need help converting FF IX from PAL to NTSC

Discuss here techniques/plugins/etc... related to ISO Loading and PSX Games
Forum rules
No Piracy Talk allowed here! Any post containing illegal contents and/or contents that is against the forum rules (including but not limited to links for illegal iso downloads) will be deleted, and the poster will be warned.
stevealexanderames

Need help converting FF IX from PAL to NTSC

Post by stevealexanderames »

The title is pretty clear :lol: i'm trying to play Final Fantasy IX in a decent way on my PSP, but i have the same old dang issue with the display options due to the format of the game (i have the italian PAL version of the PSX discs); the fullscreen option has two big black bars over and under the screen, and the "custom" display option cuts the menus and the dialogs...

is there anyone who know how to use some PALtoNTSC tool and knows how to help me converting the game?
Advertising
PSP 3004 3G 6.20 LME / PRO(MOD)-C
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Re: Need help converting FF IX from PAL to NTSC

Post by Disturbed0ne »

I've never heard of any way to convert PAL format to NTSC format. :shock:
Advertising
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
stevealexanderames

Disturbed0ne wrote:I've never heard of any way to convert PAL format to NTSC format. :shock:
there are lots of tools actually, but i can use none of em :lol: look here (i'm pretty sure that site does not contain anything illegal :? else please delete the link)

i tried with PSX2PSP too using the second Y-position patch, the program says that a patch is found and while converting to EBOOT it seems to apply it, but the result is an EBOOT that boots but then just freeze after the ps logo...
lacrimosaangel

Post by lacrimosaangel »

What CFW are you using?
If you're using PRO, can you not just force region in the VSH menu? It should have the european-PAL option in there?
PSV 2.02 eCFW TN
psp 3000 6.60 Pro-B10
3DS R4i Gold WoodR4
Wii 4.3E DM2.2+ GC mod
ps2 fat FMCB
Samsung Galaxy Note 2: Root w/freedom
Current projects: psp3003 sound reactive LED mod, PS3 60gb downgrade
Different55

Post by Different55 »

Don't use PSX2PSP. Use POPStation GUI v3.00 BETA by ZingaBurga. http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=57

Check the PAL fixes. Worked like a charm on my PAL version of FF9.
stevealexanderames

Different55 wrote:Don't use PSX2PSP. Use POPStation GUI v3.00 BETA by ZingaBurga. http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=57

Check the PAL fixes. Worked like a charm on my PAL version of FF9.
i'll try it right now, thanks for the suggestion :)

EDIT: nope, just the same result, i don't know... can you tell me what settings did you use to convert the game exactly? and the pops?

Return to “ISO/PSX Games Loading”