Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

graphics card and psu help

Everything related to computers that doesn't go in other categories
gaaraoftehsand

graphics card and psu help

Post by gaaraoftehsand »

Hello. i have recently bought an EVGA Nvidia GTX 550 ti and installed it on my desktop pc. now i know in the info it said minimum 400w psu, but i saw that my 250w psu had the correct cables and i thought it was maybe a misprint or something? anyways when i tried to start playing games they crash with a looping noise and random colored sqaures all over the image. Do you think i have a messed up gpu or will a 500w psu fix the problem? If you think it is broken can i get a refund? thanks in advance.
Advertising
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Re: graphics card and psu help

Post by Disturbed0ne »

The card isn't getting enough power from your 250w power supply. You need to upgrade to at least the specs required to run the card.
Advertising
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
gaaraoftehsand

Post by gaaraoftehsand »

sorry for late response. i bought a 500w psu and it had the wires needed but when i start up i get weird colors and a 640x400 resolution. i have reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled windows, and even tried guru3d driver sweeper but nothing worked. it seemed to mak the problem worse. any suggestions?
monsterbasher

Post by monsterbasher »

gaaraoftehsand wrote:sorry for late response. i bought a 500w psu and it had the wires needed but when i start up i get weird colors and a 640x400 resolution. i have reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled windows, and even tried guru3d driver sweeper but nothing worked. it seemed to mak the problem worse. any suggestions?
Possibly a faulty graphics card, does it still occur without the gpu?

Return to “General”