Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

question about transfering teck4's game to another vita

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
thekornerkids

question about transfering teck4's game to another vita

Post by thekornerkids »

if i have a psn account with which i bought and backed-up this game to my computer can i sell it to another ps vita owner and have it work on their system?
if i understand correctly psn games are associated with the psn account and not with the ps vita system and the game is backed up to G:\PS Vita\PGAME\940a074cc88ec416\NPUG80321

so i sell them the psn account and they login into it, after which they buy a cheap psn mini game and back this up to their computer
now we should have the file structure for where the games are saved to
so i make them a copy of the backed-up exploited game folder (NPUG80321) and they put it into the *:\PS Vita\PGAME\* directory of there opencma client since this is where the games are backed-up to
then they can transfer the game onto there ps vita and use the exploit

i asked about this in the comments for the post entitled ,Vita: Teck4 ports TN’s eCFW to a new game exploit, on like the main sites page and jd8531 responded with a single word answer of no, so to this i wonder why not? what is preventing me from doing so?
Advertising
VitaGenic

Re: question about transfering teck4's game to another vita

Post by VitaGenic »

Technically this is piracy mate... Even though you are "selling" your friend your PSN account (not sure how that would even work?) Sony will never see the money for that game you "sold" to your mate so its piracy. Btw, chat about piracy is against the rules, so yeah, i'll leave it at that...
Advertising
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD
thekornerkids

Post by thekornerkids »

I bought the game from sony for 10$, i re-sell the game for 10$.
What profit is being made? hows this piracy?

If i had a umd that i bought from a store id be able to sell that to a friend, but because this is digital content i cant?
Even if i sold the umd for more then i bought it for it wouldnt be piracy.
i understand that it could be piracy if there were 2 people using one game but this isnt the case here
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

The reason I said no was because I read into your post as "wanting to just sell the game back up and it would magically work on his."
Digital content falls into a different rule set and the Sony TOS say otherwise. The PSN ToS where, according to one of the bullets in section III, you are not allowed to share trade or sell your account information. Its piracy in a sense but game sharing falls into a gray area, and talking about that on here is against the forums rules.

"You may not sell, buy, trade, or otherwise transfer your Online ID, SEN Account or any personal access to SEN First Party Services through any means or method, including by use of web sites."

Sony clearly states that you can have your account banned for committing this type of online fraud, Yes online fraud. Let alone your friend would need to wipe his entire vita and only be able to use your account.

Technically game back ups are system locked, atleast from users reports. I have no way of confirmation. Its also been removed from PSN, so he couldnt download from history.
thekornerkids

Post by thekornerkids »

i knew it wouldnt work just selling the game alone as since it is registered to the psn account; i was looking to sell the entire psn account though and put the game on to a cd in which they could put into the back-up files on there computer and then transfer to their system.

i didnt know the back-ups were system locked also, i knew they were locked per psn account.
they might be system locked because your only allowed to have a certain number of systems activated with sony at one time in which they share the content.
if you login to the below address your able to deactivate and activate devices with the psn account
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwor ... lay.action

as for it being online fraud, i dont see how transferring a psn account containing only free demos and one 10$ game between users could be considered that.
id be creating another psn account for myself and theyd be the sole user of the other account.
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

Definition: Internet/Online Fraud
A crime in which the perpetrator develops a scheme using one or more elements of the Internet to deprive a person of property or any interest, estate, or right by a false representation of a matter of fact, whether by providing misleading information or by concealment of information.
thekornerkids

Post by thekornerkids »

Still failing to see how its internet fraud. I bought the game from sony for 10$. I sell it to my friend for 10$ and he changes the password to the psn account so only he can use it. I then create a new psn account for myself where ill be the only one with access.

Sony is paid for the game and my friend has that game. Me and my friend do not share that game, so there is only one user for it being the guy i sold it to. And no money is made on my part since im selling it for what i bought it for.

So wheres the internet fraud in this scenario?
Relf

Post by Relf »

Ultimately it's a legal argument over what's largely definitions.

Did you purchase the video game, Gravity Crash Portable, or a license to play the game Gravity Crash Portable.

Given it is a digital media copy Sony will argue you've only purchased the license which prevents you from making use of your first sale right to re-sell what you believe to be yours.

Personally, I chalk it up into 'grey area' in that any court decision could go either way and be appealed on multiple occasions. You'd probably lose, though.

I suppose technically you could argue you purchased the game with the intent of giving it to him making you more of a unique delivery boy than anything.
7thpandaren

Post by 7thpandaren »

thekornerkids wrote:Still failing to see how its internet fraud. I bought the game from sony for 10$. I sell it to my friend for 10$ and he changes the password to the psn account so only he can use it. I then create a new psn account for myself where ill be the only one with access.

Sony is paid for the game and my friend has that game. Me and my friend do not share that game, so there is only one user for it being the guy i sold it to. And no money is made on my part since im selling it for what i bought it for.

So wheres the internet fraud in this scenario?
Instead of going through all this hassle, why don't you and your friend just swap vitas and then you could reformat his and create your new account there? Problem solved.
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

@thekornerkids - You don't own the game that you want to sell. You only own a license to play the game on your own Vita. Please read the PSN TOS, you'll see that it states that you're not allowed to sell accounts/games.

[Thread locked by a Moderator]
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!

Return to “General”