Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

xMangaPSP v0.1 a4

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
RiV4L NiNJA

Re: xMangaPSP v0.1 a4

Post by RiV4L NiNJA »

Oh .. Well I hope MangaReader.Net uploads it soon ( I still didn't get to read the last Volume |11| )
Advertising
nakano

Post by nakano »

Hi ChaoticXSinZ!

I finally was able to test your app (v0.1a3). It was very stable with a phat PSP! Now I would like to test the latest version. Could you compile your updates once in a while? In your github pages, the pre-compiled packages are not downloadable.

I checked your commit history and image scaling -feature sounds interesting. I don't know how it's done, but do you think that resizing an image could be done using css's width: i% and max-width: i% properties? As for other features, I would still hope you to implement the reverse-L/R option when reading manga. It could be just a boolean selection in the options menu (if menu is implemented yet?). And bookmarking would be nice like in the old app.
Pseudo Code for reverse L/R
IF (KEY == R)
{
IF (!reverse)
nextPage();
ELSE
prevPage();
}
ELSE IF (KEY == L)
{
IF (!reverse)
prevPage();
ELSE
nextPage();
Thanks and hopefully you're still following the forum.

EDIT: As a note, I tried to compile myself on Windows with 'make'. Building the externals will fail due to used '|' (so I removed the rest of the line). In addition, I had to create the external folders manually into the build directory. After building, the menu is blank (black screen). However, I can move to the image and see it by clicking x. On the other hand compiling with Ubuntu succeeded immediately, but the end result is same.
Advertising
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

Conceptually, this is absolutely amazing. I'm going to give it a test as soon as I can, as I'm a major Manga fan, and think I may prefer this to PSPComic.
nakano

Post by nakano »

^I agree and a great technical achievement. However, to be really usable, the user interface would require minor improvements (a week or twos work). The most critical feature missing is bookmarking. At least to remember the last page the person opened would be enough (auto-bookmarking). I don't always remember where I left off. Well, since the development is slow, I might be interested in taking over the project for minor improvements (not yet, but after a year or two of now if I get past the black screen after self compiling). Homebrew has so much unused potential!
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
ChaoticXSinZ

Post by ChaoticXSinZ »

I haven't really been working on it lately. I do have some changes in the pipeline that I need to clean up and push to Github. If you have any questions about compiling or the code you can find me on IRC in ##psp-programming on Freenode (nick: Luqman).
nakano

Post by nakano »

Thanks ChaoticXSinZ for willing to help me! I recently have had other things to do. However, I am still interested in trying to update your homebrew at least a little when I have time properly to look into it.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)

Return to “Homebrews”