Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Unable to Save on VHBL,gPsP .

VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl
mononoke22

Re: Unable to Save on VHBL,gPsP .

Post by mononoke22 »

Do you have sram on auto or exit only? And how are you exiting the emu, start+select or are you using the emus exit function?
Settings are default "exit only". (If I change to "Automatic", it switches back to "exit only" when i relaunch)
As for exiting, I use the emulator menu "Exit emulator".
Advertising
vcb04

Post by vcb04 »

mononoke22 wrote:
Do you have sram on auto or exit only? And how are you exiting the emu, start+select or are you using the emus exit function?
Settings are default "exit only". (If I change to "Automatic", it switches back to "exit only" when i relaunch)
As for exiting, I use the emulator menu "Exit emulator".
Try setting changing the sram options after you load a cart. I'm pretty sure that setting is per game because if I change my sram setting before I load a cart it always defaults to exit only but stays on auto after I load a cart. Are you including any .CHT files or anything like that? Everything is vanilla (regular)? What version of gpsp are you using (go inside the emulator menu and look up at the righthand side you'll see battery percentage, gpsp version, etc. On the lefthand side you'll see current loadded .ROM)
Advertising
I raise my voice and I shout out loud, "I got the Triforce and I am proud!"-Legend of Zelda Rap by 5-3 Federation
mononoke22

Post by mononoke22 »

Ok I tried changing the SRAM, but still I get the "Your saved data is corrupt" message.

No, no CHT or anything, just the regular package of gPSP.
gPSP is version "MB Ver:3.4 test 3 Build 152"

Thanks for your help
vcb04

Post by vcb04 »

mononoke22 wrote:Ok I tried changing the SRAM, but still I get the "Your saved data is corrupt" message.

No, no CHT or anything, just the regular package of gPSP.
gPSP is version "MB Ver:3.4 test 3 Build 152"

Thanks for your help
For what game specifically? Because I still get this error with LoZ:Minish Cap as well. I re made my INSTALL.ZIP when I got my other games to work.
I raise my voice and I shout out loud, "I got the Triforce and I am proud!"-Legend of Zelda Rap by 5-3 Federation
mononoke22

Post by mononoke22 »

For Loz:MC I actually can play the game, but for (for example) Super Mario Advance: Yoshi's Island, the game just won't run :(
spzjulien

Post by spzjulien »

same problem here
cant play zelda .... it create Zelda.sav on /GBA/SAV
but return corrupted save and wont start :(
Vita 3g 32go.... Do i like sony ? No much .. Bring on Emu ... Lest rock and roll
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

this is hapening on a few emus
its a problem in the psp emu on the vita and bugs in vhbl at this time
it limits read/write access to physical memory
the ram memory is modified while physical memory never gits updated
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........
oOTAGOo

Post by oOTAGOo »

Yea I'm getting the same error on LoZ Minish Cap... Is there something we can do to get this running? Like create the necessary file in the INSTALL.ZIP? Or load a pre-generated save file?

EDIT: So I attempted to create a .sav file for Minish Cap using VisualBoyAdvanced. Placed it in the INSTALL.ZIP/GBA/SAV but still get the error.. I'm wondering how gPSP handles saves. Is there a specific naming system that would link that .sav file to the game? Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT2: Finally found some info on a work around thanks to jd20dog
jd20dog wrote: try using a psp to make the save first then put it in the vita
this is the only work around ive found to work and its not working full proof yet ether
The only problem is. I don't have a PSP to attempt this. Anyone care to take a stab at it? If it works could you upload somewhere/post a Link for the rest of us?
gregart

Post by gregart »

Im having the same problem with 0025 mario advance and Zelda minish cap. I also tried getting my old sav. from
my previous psp but it is not being recognize by the gpsp, it wont even show up on the directory.
ebelin

Post by ebelin »

gregart wrote:Im having the same problem with 0025 mario advance and Zelda minish cap. I also tried getting my old sav. from
my previous psp but it is not being recognize by the gpsp, it wont even show up on the directory.
Could you still maybe start a new game in Minish Cap (and Mario too, for that matter) and upload the save somewhere? I'd like to try it out myself, because I'd really love to play the game on my Vita.

Return to “Vita Half Byte Loader”