Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Decrypt PSVITA savedata?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
metalfrancesco

Decrypt PSVITA savedata?

Post by metalfrancesco »

I have some questions.
As you can decode a savegame or a file of PSVITA ( PSVMD, PSVIMG)?
I know that some good coders are trying to do this but I would like to know how they manage to do it? because if you do not have the key to decrypt the file is virtually impossible to do this.
Thanks for the answers :)
Advertising
GothicIII

Re: Decrypt PSVITA savedata?

Post by GothicIII »

No you can't. You answered your question by yourself. All data which is transfered from PSV to anything else is strongly encrypted.
That hackers managed to crack some drm-content from PS3 was possible, because there where either debug-eboots which could be patched (with a debug-PS3) or by leaked masterdiscs from games, which contains unencrypted files.
Advertising
metalfrancesco

Post by metalfrancesco »

GothicIII wrote:No you can't. You answered your question by yourself. All data which is transfered from PSV to anything else is strongly encrypted.
That hackers managed to crack some drm-content from PS3 was possible, because there where either debug-eboots which could be patched (with a debug-PS3) or by leaked masterdiscs from games, which contains unencrypted files.
so it will be impossible to decode it?
but then how did the coder to decode the savegame psp?
I remember that there is a program for it (I think savegame deemer )
dimy93
HBL Tester

Post by dimy93 »

I think the deemer and programs like it make the psp to decrypt it for them or they save the information before being crypted and that's one of the reasons they need CFW. I don't think that they could have been created before a CFW was available // maybe I am talking nonsense
GothicIII

Post by GothicIII »

You screw thing completly up. What you're talking about is PSP. And that's hacked up to anything. You can encrypt/decrypt do whatever you want with its data up to fw 6.60 (except kernel files). Most keys for the PSP (like encrypting data with the psp's itself encryption, which is stored in Hardware) are known, which makes it possible to use encrypted content on PSV, because its emulator is based on fw 6.60 (with many restrictions)

Savegame deemer must be used on psp. It has the possibility to decrypt the savegames, so you can modify them (like cheating etc) and reencrypt them again, so they will be accepted as valid save files.

Besides, the data used for PSP-Saves is unencrypted, which makes it possible to copy it over. If the contant manager would use for them *psvimg & *psvmd, vhbl like today wouldn't be possible.
metalfrancesco

Post by metalfrancesco »

dimy93 wrote:I think the deemer and programs like it make the psp to decrypt it for them or they save the information before being crypted and that's one of the reasons they need CFW. I don't think that they could have been created before a CFW was available // maybe I am talking nonsense
probably correct.
if savegame Deemer it was created after a CFW, how the CFW was created?
Because the CFW was created thanks to a buffer overflow in a modified savegame that certainly has been decoded.
I'm so confused .... :?
GothicIII wrote:You screw thing completly up. What you're talking about is PSP. And that's hacked up to anything. You can encrypt/decrypt do whatever you want with its data up to fw 6.60 (except kernel files). Most keys for the PSP (like encrypting data with the psp's itself encryption, which is stored in Hardware) are known, which makes it possible to use encrypted content on PSV, because its emulator is based on fw 6.60 (with many restrictions)

Savegame deemer must be used on psp. It has the possibility to decrypt the savegames, so you can modify them (like cheating etc) and reencrypt them again, so they will be accepted as valid save files.

Besides, the data used for PSP-Saves is unencrypted, which makes it possible to copy it over. If the contant manager would use for them *psvimg & *psvmd, vhbl like today wouldn't be possible.
So if someone were to start trying to decode a savegame PSV, his work would be useless?
GothicIII

Post by GothicIII »

You don't have any clue what encryption really is and how it is working, do you?

1st things first, if we don't get access to the system and analyze its functions (because the system itself decrypts/encrypts files), nobody will ever be able to decrypt psvita's encrypted files (unless there will be a huge security hole, like in times of ps3 fw3.55, where it was possible to recalculate the encryption keys; but Sony is not stupid... So there won't be any obvious holes like that ones).

Even if we try to crack keys the aggressive way (brute force ftw), it would take enormous amount of time to be successful. But even if we manage to get the keys to decrypt psvimg/psvmd (Those are container-files like ISO) it wont do us any good, because the files in there are drm-protected for which we also don't have any keys. Without license Applications won't even start and savegames are encrypted too, so savegame exploits for vita are far away from reality
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

GothicIII wrote:Most keys for the PSP (like encrypting data with the psp's itself encryption, which is stored in Hardware) are known, which makes it possible to use encrypted content on PSV, because its emulator is based on fw 6.60 (with many restrictions)
Wrong. On PSV another encryption is used, this is why you can't transfer PSP games directly to PSV, but you need to download the PSV version of that PSP game from PSN.
GothicIII wrote:Besides, the data used for PSP-Saves is unencrypted
Wrong again. PSP savegames are encrypted (generally).
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
dimy93
HBL Tester

Post by dimy93 »

metalfrancesco wrote: probably correct.
if savegame Deemer it was created after a CFW, how the CFW was created?
Because the CFW was created thanks to a buffer overflow in a modified savegame that certainly has been decoded.
I'm so confused .... :?
Not true
First CFWs were created due to an encryption bug in 1.00 and 1.50 ofw -sth that would not happen with the Vita
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

dimy93 wrote:Because the CFW was created thanks to a buffer overflow in a modified savegame
Huh? No, and nonsense anyway. Why you affirm such things without knowing? :roll:
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"

Return to “Programming and Security”