Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Finding the memory layout of the vita?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
rafael707

Re: Finding the memory layout of the vita?

Post by rafael707 »

http://lolhax.org/2012/03/29/kermit/

hmm interesting info about sceKermit, this is off topic though..
Advertising
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

So we're moving off topic quickly, and I want to restate some points that I hope we'll discuss.

1) the ram is embedded in the CPU. That could (and most likely will) be a huge problem.
2) official sdk (not the pssuite) could provide debugging tools to reveal memory layout
3) there could be an privilege escalation exploit with the vita->psp Kermit protocol, it's a good place to look
4) there could even be psp Kermit commands that will directly or indirectly reveal the memory location

Basically, my no-evidence-supported advice is to poke more in psp mode and basically gather information.
Advertising
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

yifanlu wrote:1) the ram is embedded in the CPU. That could (and most likely will) be a huge problem.
Hmmm, still, there should be a way other hardware parts communicate with RAM (DMA, etc...). Hooking those buses will surely give useful info.
yifanlu wrote:3) there could be an privilege escalation exploit with the vita->psp Kermit protocol, it's a good place to look
Probably, but still useless because we don't know anything about PSV's internals.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
konit_oo

Post by konit_oo »

I know that i'm going to say is a bit off topic but I've other idea. It isn't connected with creating CFW for vita. So the idea... I read somewhere that if you make back up of PSV system, CMA will make a copy on your computer that'll include all of your videos, photos, applications and games. So if that's right we could theoretically find all of those back upped files and share them to other computer and then put them in another PS Vita system via CMA. So, on that way if my supposition is right we can share some 'legal' games on 'legal way', right? I haven't tried that so say what is the obstacle/flaw on entire idea or just your thought. :)
SymphoniC

Post by SymphoniC »

konit_oo wrote:I know that i'm going to say is a bit off topic but I've other idea. It isn't connected with creating CFW for vita. So the idea... I read somewhere that if you make back up of PSV system, CMA will make a copy on your computer that'll include all of your videos, photos, applications and games. So if that's right we could theoretically find all of those back upped files and share them to other computer and then put them in another PS Vita system via CMA. So, on that way if my supposition is right we can share some 'legal' games on 'legal way', right? I haven't tried that so say what is the obstacle/flaw on entire idea or just your thought. :)
I don't think you understand what we are working to accomplish here.

What we are trying to do, is exploit the Vita in a manner that enables us to run homebrew (home made apps and games) and understand how the Vita works. What you are trying to do, is called piracy. Our goal isn't to be able to share copywritten games. It's to be able to write our own software for the Vita, understand how the Vita's OS and hardware works, and enjoy a fresh challenge in hacking. Please keep these kinds of suggestions off of these forums.
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

@konit_oo: nonsense. Such backup are surely signed with a per device key. Also please abstain posting off-topic.

@SymphoniC: definitely right :)
garrei

Post by garrei »

m0skit0 wrote:Probably, but still useless because we don't know anything about PSV's internals.
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/PlayStat ... own/7872/1 there you go :P
My PC: AMD FX 8-core 4.2Ghz, 16gb RAM, GTX 580, 60gb SSD, Blu-ray Burner, WiFi, 1.5TB HDD, 1000W PSU, 27" Full HD Monitor
My PSP Slim 2002 - TA-085
My PS3 Slim 160GB 4.25 OFW
My Vita: WiFi only :(
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

garrei wrote:
m0skit0 wrote:Probably, but still useless because we don't know anything about PSV's internals.
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/PlayStat ... own/7872/1 there you go :P
That provides no useful information unfortunately.
garrei

Post by garrei »

yeah i know... i was making a joke because it was a very broad statement. haha... anyway, thats enough trolling for today.
My PC: AMD FX 8-core 4.2Ghz, 16gb RAM, GTX 580, 60gb SSD, Blu-ray Burner, WiFi, 1.5TB HDD, 1000W PSU, 27" Full HD Monitor
My PSP Slim 2002 - TA-085
My PS3 Slim 160GB 4.25 OFW
My Vita: WiFi only :(
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Meh, those are not "internals" enough.

Return to “Programming and Security”