Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

HomebrewStore

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
afrothunder

Re: HomebrewStore

Post by afrothunder »

toBsucht wrote:no way to use a pay buy click system?
If you are talking about an external ad system, the answer is no. We can't run the web browser from within HomebrewStore, which would be necessary to do that.

However, for a while now, the HomebrewStore has supported custom ads built just for HomebrewStore that either show a fullscreen image when clicked or link to content on the HomebrewStore, which can be used by anyone interested.
Advertising
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

did you note that the downloader.prs maybe isn´t working anymore // wrong url.
However, for a while now, the HomebrewStore has supported custom ads built just for HomebrewStore that either show a fullscreen image when clicked or link to content on the HomebrewStore, which can be used by anyone interested.
i hope someone read it and want to be the first ;)
Advertising
HomeBrews working with Psp 6.xx fw viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2624
ofw (shrunk) HomeBrews viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879

All Psp homebrews at mfi.re/toBsucht
http://pspinstaller.co.uk
noname120
Developer

Post by noname120 »

For free ?:D
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

noname120 wrote:For free ?:D
It would preferably be a way to help cover server costs. But if you happen to have a really good idea you would like to try feel free to ask, that's the only way to get a final yes/no.
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

This is another one of my occassional status posts that I do when there hasn't been news for a while.

Since the HomebrewStore is over 1 year old now :D I thought it would be nice to do a recap of all version updates and all of the LivePatches that have been sent since version 2.50 was released in May 2011.

Version History (with some neat codenames when available, which might tell you what the real focus was when making that version update):
    Initial Public Release
    Chances of content download corruption when installing more than one item during a single use reduced
    Content installation folder is now displayed on item description pages
    A menu selection bug that could cause the user to be stuck when changing pages was fixed
  • 2.00 [Codename: NUI] (short for New User Interface)
    Revamped user interface
    Content listings now report number of downloads (Data collected since 1/27/2011)
    Categories can now be sorted by number of downloads
    Content being downloaded will now display transfer progress
    Firmware requirement dropped from 6.20 to 5.00
  • 2.01 [Codename: Future]
    Patches can now be automatically applied while the client checks for updates
  • 2.10 [Codename: Click]
    Improved patching support
    Bugfix in patch error handling
    Click sound added
    Slightly modified user interface
    Includes LivePatch 222416 (Adds percentages to download progress bar)
    Includes LivePatch 2261007+3050410 (Adds search capability)
  • 2.50 [Codename: Genesis]
    Mobile Device Queuing Support
    Adds Genesis Competition Splash Screen
    Includes LivePatch 4190310 (Screenshots for items)
    Includes LivePatch 4090644 (Scalable Storefront Categories)
Now for all of the LivePatches that keep the old 2.50 update feeling fresh. The following is straight from the version log we keep to ourselves in the source code for a file called HBPATCH.lo. (For this list, it goes from most recent to oldest)

Code: Select all

-- HBStore Patching data
-- Patch 0106121147
-- -- Performs fixes to Outdated Content Check
-- Includes Patch 12270958
-- -- Checks for Outdated Content
-- -- Visual Changes to Queue Downloader
-- Includes Patch 11270121
-- -- Displays Donation Banner
-- Includes Patch 8200940
-- -- Makes Feat1 an Ad Block.
-- Includes Patch 6301248
-- -- Removes Genesis Featured
-- Includes Patch 6221435
-- -- Category Image Caching
-- Includes Patch 5061026
-- -- Restores previous patches that were not included in 2.50 using new patch format
-- -- -- Adds tips to frontend
-- -- -- Creates access to Device Identifier dialog
Finally, some statistcal data.

Users Served: 61258
Number of Uses: 416279
Items in Store: 133
PSP Uses in past 24 hours: 92%
PC Uses in past 24 hours: 5%
Mobile Uses in past 24 hours: 2%

Hopefully this year has a lot in store for HomebrewStore ;)
varun
Banned

Post by varun »

plz now can u plz add lcfw and plugin support.

i am sure it will boost ur users rapidly
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

varun wrote:plz now can u plz add lcfw and plugin support.

i am sure it will boost ur users rapidly
If by support you mean running HBStore on a CFW with plugins, that's already possible(although certain plugins may cause the store to fail to work, but that's out of our control).

If you would like to have CFWs and plugins listed on the store, there is a possibility that we could add plugins, but we would not add CFW installers as we would prefer users used such powerful tools manually.
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

LivePatch "Avalon" is now being sent to clients upon connection to the HomebrewStore. (We've stopped using the timestamps publicly and went to easier to remember names for the LivePatches for now)

LivePatch "Avalon" installs a feature called "HomebrewSupport" to your PSP while loading the HomebrewStore Storefront. HomebrewSupport is a special installation of Half-Byte Loader that HomebrewStore content can depend on existing if necessary. HomebrewSupport allows us to upload content to the HomebrewStore that would not normally operate on OFW with normal signing.

Games using HomebrewSupport still launch from the XMB like normal signed homebrew, the only difference is that when you start the homebrew from the XMB, HomebrewSupport will load up HBL first, automatically, to allow the game to run on OFW.

As of now, content using HomebrewSupport requires firmware 6.60 to be installed. The PC client does not yet install HomebrewSupport when installing content to a PSP unit. It is advised to run the HomebrewStore natively on the PSP at least once to ensure HomebrewSupport is installed.

For those who are interested, HomebrewStore installs HomebrewSupport into /PSP/HOMEBREWSUPPORT/ and the source code for HomebrewSupport's lightly modified version of HBL may be found at http://hbstore.screeze.com/HBSUPPORT/100s.zip

PSP Revolution has been added to the HomebrewStore to showcase how HomebrewSupport operates.

As HomebrewSupport is a new and fairly complex feature, please report any problems you have while using it.
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

I like how you continue to support this great project! Do you know roughly how many people continue to use your great application?
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

Casavult wrote:I like how you continue to support this great project! Do you know roughly how many people continue to use your great application?
There has been 750 individual devices accessing the store, in the past 24 hours, 1,722 times (93% of these devices were PSPs). Overall, 61,858 individual devices have accessed the HomebrewStore 421,566 times. ;)

This data counts actual accesses by HomebrewStore clients, on their first load of the Storefront. It's not inflated by random visits of the website or other such things.

Return to “Homebrews”