Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

iOS Programming (Help Needed)

Programming for your favorite smartphone or tablet? Post here
Nickolas

iOS Programming (Help Needed)

Post by Nickolas »

Hello everybody! I am getting an iPhone 4S in a week or so and since I've been in the jailbreak scene for quite a while (a year or so) I'd like to start programming for the iOS. I have a MacBook but I TOTALLY hate XCode and Obj-C! (Apple has done an amazing work at destroying all my programming dreams :lol: ) I'd like to program in C (I know about the library limitations...). Is that possible? Again, I am on Mac OS X Lion so I won't have any problem compiling my apps... Also I don't care about Apple's UIKit since I'll be mostly developing command-line applications (Maybe even some text based games...). If this is impossible, could you at least get me a good XCode 4 tutorial? (Again, Apple's done a mediocre job...)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I found this http://blog.syshalt.net/index.php/2010/ ... -4-iphone/ which is completely AMAZING! I can natively compile C code :D But I really want to be able to do this on my Mac...
Advertising
m0skit0
Guru

Re: iOS Programming (Help Needed)

Post by m0skit0 »

Nickolas wrote: I'd like to start programming for the iOS
Error! :lol:
Nickolas wrote:I have a MacBook but I TOTALLY hate XCode and Obj-C!
Blame Jobs... dang he's dead already.

Anyway, the way to go for iOS is XCode and Objective-C. AFAIK there's no official C SDK from Apple. And btw most iOS programmers praise XCode, and it's not that bad. You can't critize it just because you've never used it ;)

And good luck!
Advertising
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
Nickolas

Re: iOS Programming (Help Needed)

Post by Nickolas »

I had used XCode 3 and everything was fine... I programmed in C# (MonoTouch) and designed in Apple's *forgot the name* designer. And then XCode 4 came out with an integrated designer so MonoTouch was not able to use the external designer *name here*. :( Anyway, I'll try Obj-C but at first glance it is too complicated. If, however, somebody knows of a (un)official SDK for C or C++ or any other language (I just need an Obj-C break :lol: ) Oh, I forgot to mention that my target is not the AppStore. *ahem*jailbreak*ahem* ;)

Return to “Programming”