Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Thinking of importing a NEW 3ds.

Everything that is 3DS related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Shiozaki

Thinking of importing a NEW 3ds.

Post by Shiozaki »

with the "cubic ninja hack" being released and all importing a new 3ds from japan seemed like a good idea, i was just wondering if there was a homebrew to get pass the region lock?
Advertising
xSASxZaros

Re: Thinking of importing a NEW 3ds.

Post by xSASxZaros »

Shiozaki wrote:with the "cubic ninja hack" being released and all importing a new 3ds from japan seemed like a good idea, i was just wondering if there was a homebrew to get pass the region lock?
Not at the moment no, and there is no info on if there ever will be. - Gateway is the only way to get around region locking at the moment, since they can play any regions roms.

Gateway will be releasing their 9.0-9.2 patch soon which will let you use gateway on 9.0-9.2. If you are talking about importing the Australian 3DS XL LL thing, I imported one to the UK, and it came with 9.0, which means gateway will work fine on it when it gets released.

So you have to ask yourself, what is more important, e-shop access - Or being able to play roms from anywhere in the world? (Gateway may also release a way for you to be able to access the eshop while being on 9.0-9.2, so it is a great plus)

Regards!
Advertising
reprep

Post by reprep »

Smea said it is probably possible to defeat region lock via ninjhax.
xSASxZaros

Post by xSASxZaros »

reprep wrote:Smea said it is probably possible to defeat region lock via ninjhax.
True, but I meant like, no one is known to actually be working on it yet. :P
Shiozaki

Post by Shiozaki »

well someone needs to start lol.
xSASxZaros

Post by xSASxZaros »

Shiozaki wrote:well someone needs to start lol.
Yeah lol. But since Ninjahax only works on 9.2 and lower, and gateway will soon work on 9.2 and lower, is there any point? - Because even if someone was to argue about piracy, you could just import a game, and rip your own rom to use on gateway lol.

I suppose at least if region locking was taken away using ninjahax it would be cheaper than buying gateway AND importing the game, but... Gateway looks like it will offer more. :P

Regards!

Return to “General”