Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

9.4.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

Everything that is 3DS related but doesn't go in any other subforum
hieunguyen

9.4.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

Post by hieunguyen »

Just one day after nintendo 3ds 9.3.0-21 firmware update, today, Nintendo released a new firmware update - version 9.4.0-21 J/E/U - for 3DS, it is a tiny firmware update, gateway 3ds official team warned users not to upgrade their system to v9.3 or v9.4. And sky3ds has officially confirmred that it is working great on the latest 9.4 system directly.

Dont know where to buy gateway 3ds in the US? http://www.r4flashcart.com/13-gateway-3 ... l-3ds.html reliable official reseller
Advertising
Last edited by hieunguyen on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bert960

Re: 9.4.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

Post by Bert960 »

Are you serious? What was the point of releasing 9.3 then? Smh. I'm just glad that I might get my GateWay in the mail tomorrow. Do you think they might release their new FW before Christmas?
Advertising
solidsnake

Post by solidsnake »

I have not owned a N3ds before and im planning to buy the US version of the New 3ds when it is released. Does anyone know if new systems come with the latest firmware already installed? Or is it like the Psvita and it ships with slightly lower firmware?
With all these firmware updates i am worried. :?:
andoryuu3

Post by andoryuu3 »

solidsnake wrote:I have not owned a N3ds before and im planning to buy the US version of the New 3ds when it is released. Does anyone know if new systems come with the latest firmware already installed? Or is it like the Psvita and it ships with slightly lower firmware?
With all these firmware updates i am worried. :?:
Hmm.. I picked up a North American 2DS in mid November (crimson red) and it had a 7.x variant preinstalled.. I remember late Aug/early Sept of 2013, I was in Japan and had bought a used 3DS LL. The 2DS was announced on Japanese television during that time, and the latest firmware was 6.2.0-12J. (2DS was released in Oct2013). It's likely that those first 2DS units also had a 7.X firmware when it hit the market. (kinda odd to receive that FW a year later, right?)

I also recently swiped a Japanese New 3DS LL (Smash Bros limited edition), and I recall that having a late 8.x firmware or a 9.0 firmware...

Honestly though, if you really want an exploitable english N3wDS, I would pick up an Australian one... There's no wifi toggle switch on the side anymore. This is especially notable if you get a Japanese unit... Since there's no option to change the language to English, you might accidentally perform a system update if you're not extra vigilant. (believe me, this is easy to do...)

Smash bros LE unit is pretty sweet tho-- just like the US 3DS XL limited, except it only comes in a metallic red color. (which is pretty slick)

Return to “General”