Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Should I import a new 3DS XL LL?

Everything that is 3DS related but doesn't go in any other subforum
xSASxZaros

Should I import a new 3DS XL LL?

Post by xSASxZaros »

Hi guys, here is my problem..

Australia just got the new 3DS XL and it is in PAL, because I live in the UK it means that the games I already have will work fine on it, so I could import one..

Here is where I need some advice - The new Gateway card is said to work on the latest (9.2) firmware, however as far as I know, the new 3DS in Australia ships with 9.0.. And we know from today that the new firmware (9.3?) will probably be released very soon.. So I have two questions:

1: Is there anyway to update to 9.2 without the internet? As if I didn't get the console before 9.3 came out, it will no longer be able to connect to the internet and download 9.2.

2: What would you guys do in my situation?

Thanks a bunch guys.

Regards.
Advertising
Dante69

Re: Should I import a new 3DS XL LL?

Post by Dante69 »

From what I read, you can use the Gateway card on the 9.0 fw.
Advertising
reprep

Post by reprep »

Gateway will work on 9.0 just fine. So you don't have to update the new 3DS XL. You can also update via cartridges but so far no game is known to have 9.x firmwares on the cartridge. By the time, they will though.

If you want to do system transfer, both devices have to be on the latest firmware. That means you should do the system transfer before 9.3 comes out if you want gateway compatibility. That means, buy the new 3DS XL as soon as you can, do the system transfer, then wait for the gateway
xSASxZaros

Post by xSASxZaros »

Dante69 wrote:From what I read, you can use the Gateway card on the 9.0 fw.
Thanks yeah, I did some more searching and I just read that. At least if I don't get the console before 9.3 hits I'll be okay with 9.0. Thanks. :)
xSASxZaros

Post by xSASxZaros »

reprep wrote:Gateway will work on 9.0 just fine. So you don't have to update the new 3DS XL. You can also update via cartridges but so far no game is known to have 9.x firmwares on the cartridge. By the time, they will though.

If you want to do system transfer, both devices have to be on the latest firmware. That means you should do the system transfer before 9.3 comes out if you want gateway compatibility. That means, buy the new 3DS XL as soon as you can, do the system transfer, then wait for the gateway
Well I just ordered it, so here's hoping I get it before 9.3 because it would be nice to be able to do the system transfer! Thanks man! :)
dandymanz

Post by dandymanz »

I think there's a new Suica update coming to the new Jap 3DS on 9th Dec. It could possibly be the new v9.3 on its way.
Bert960

Post by Bert960 »

The 9.3 update is only for the Asian areas of Taiwan, China, and Korea. This does not apply to us. It is basically the equivalent of the current system update 9.2. You don't need to worry about the system software because I doubt Nintendo will release another update until the GW team release their exploit. So as soon as you get your 3DS, update it to the current FW, take the time to get everything you need from Eshop and never update your FW unless GW says you can.

Return to “General”