Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Wait can we buy a Flash Cart so I can import JP games now?

Everything that is 3DS related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Swing

Wait can we buy a Flash Cart so I can import JP games now?

Post by Swing »

I'm sick and tired of waiting and waiting to finally play sengoku taisen for the first time in my life the other day in the arcade when it's been available on JP 3(DS)s... So do these new cards not have region lock anymore?
Advertising
ss4gogeta069

Re: Wait can we buy a Flash Cart so I can import JP games no

Post by ss4gogeta069 »

I know Sky is still region locked so I imagine they all are!
Advertising
GAME GENIE ROCKS! CHECK IT OUT!
Game Genie Website
Huangzi

Post by Huangzi »

wait for gateway 3ds or mt-card,their team have promised will released the V4.5+compatibility news soon.MT-Card or Gateway 3ds doesn't have region locked.
Last edited by Huangzi on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn »

I don't think gateway or mt card or any other flash card will be able to lift the region lock on the 3DS with OFW 9.0 or higher.

The only reason why gateway and clones were able to boot region free is because they manipulate the OFW.
For example the booting procedure for the gateway on 4.1 - 4.5:
You insert the "blue card" (r4i or any other clone) then boot it and launch the GW_INSTALLER -> this already patches necessary registers in the ram of the 3DS.
Then you enter the system settings and enter the DS Profile which triggers/reroutes to the LAUNCHER on the internal SD card.
At this moment all barriers and also region lock are disabled.
Normally one would continue with emunand and so on, but this is not topic of this thread.

Now if gateway and its clones use a usermode exploit to launch, it will not have access to the system nand and only limited access to the ram -> hence no patching of region lock and other
necessary registers. So no region free.

If they found another attack vector like the original 4.1 - 4.5 exploit, then there might be chances as it would allow for register patching but I doubt that.

Best is to wait what they really got up their sleeves, but my best guess is NO, no region free.

Update:
Ok gateway released a video what they got, they even showed it on the new 3DS which in itself proofs that it works on 9.0+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQ-0Jr9Qpc

And best is they stated it also to be multi region which they also proof, and it eats a lot more roms than the other flash cards.
The internet is a bottomless barrel of sh*t, we try to fill it, everyday. But we fail, because its bottomless.

Return to “General”