Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

GW3DS will support N3DS/XL V7.2.0 soon !

Everything that is 3DS related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Shango46

Re: GW3DS will support N3DS/XL V7.2.0 soon !

Post by Shango46 »

They have to do something to get their user base up as 4.5 3DS are becoming more and more rare everyday. The exploit needed has already been discovered, but we just have to wait and see when this happens.
Advertising
ViRGE

Post by ViRGE »

This is welcome news. I like my Vita, but with western releases drying up (and I'm not much a fan of JRPGs) I've been looking at a 3DS. So this would be good timing.
Advertising
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

That's actually a fair misunderstanding of the context, and what they're actually saying. What they're referring to is the new encryption method introduced in later SDK versions that hasn't been (publicly) cracked yet. So far, every game released has used older SDK versions, meaning none of them have implemented this new encryption yet, which is why new releases have continued to work with the Gateway.

However, with this latest firmware, 7.2.0, Nintendo finally implemented the new encryption in the System Settings and eShop apps, which means they no longer work in an updated emuNAND. It's likely that games are going to soon be released utilising it too, so if Gateway can't figure out a way around it there will be no way to play these newer games with their card.

All this to say that it doesn't mean anything for using the card on a 3DS that's on FW4.5+, still stuck there ;)

Return to “General”