Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

downgraded o3DS to 9.2 now what?

wolframio

downgraded o3DS to 9.2 now what?

Post by wolframio »

hi there i´ve downgraded my Old 3Ds from firmware 10.x to 9.2, know i want to know if i can install a CFW, i do a search over google for about an hour but cant make a choice to what try... any suggestion for a easy to install CFW that dosnt need anything special to run?

Thanks.
Advertising
TheZixGamer

Re: downgraded o3DS to 9.2 now what?

Post by TheZixGamer »

You can use the Ninjhax exploit to install a CFW. with a CFW you will be able to install CIA files on your 3DS which enables you to install 3DS roms, Virtual Consle games and other homebrews. AFAIK

I'll admit to not being too knowledgeable on the subject, so im not sure if there are any other ways top install cfw without owning Cubic Ninja, so im not going to bother downgrading yet
Advertising
gunzjones

Post by gunzjones »

http://hackinformer.com/2015/06/08/quic ... -tutorial/

This is for pasta. If you're using ninjhax 2.5, you'll need to search for mini-pasta. I followed this and it works great for what I needed it to. Remember it works in sysnand, so if you plan to use emunand, look up tutorials on rxtools.

Since this is a newer hack being done, not too much newer information has come about. The older 9.2 information is still mostly valid other than changes in ninjhax.

GBA emulation with dynarec access requires ninjhax 1.0. You can use injection though; linked in the tutorial to just get it working that way.
Edit: I ran mini-pasta from menuhax this morning to test. It works fine since it's based on the 2.5 hbl/ninjhax. You'll need ninjhax 1.0 based entry for the original pasta.
1k - 6.61 me 2.3 cipl
2k - 6.60 me 2.3. Cipl
Vita 1k - 3.51
wolframio

Post by wolframio »

ok after some good videos from youtube (in spanish) and look easy i take the risk and the time to do all the **** to isntall something usefull.

now the o3DS is in the lower xploitable firmware possible ( OFW 4.2.XXXX something)... and running RxTOOLS with FBI over the DS profile to activate it and updated emuNAND

but! i update the OFW back to 9.0 to use the theme xploit to auto boot RxTOOLS... all worked fine except the FBI, cant install any CIA because an error that cant rember now (something about signature?). so i downgraded again to OFW 4.2.xxxx etc...

Any clue why FBI dont work well in RxTOOL 2.6 and 3.0 Beta in OFW 9.0?

best regards
gunzjones

Post by gunzjones »

2.6 rxrools won't install unsigned .CIA files. You need rxtools that can run unsigned. I believe the PASTA team has a version available on the web.
1k - 6.61 me 2.3 cipl
2k - 6.60 me 2.3. Cipl
Vita 1k - 3.51
TheZixGamer

Post by TheZixGamer »

Can I just ask, as I'm not entirely sure? Is owning Cubic Ninja essential in order to run a CFW, or can a cfw such as Pasta or RXTools be run through a different exploit?

Thanks
wolframio

Post by wolframio »

TheZixGamer wrote:Can I just ask, as I'm not entirely sure? Is owning Cubic Ninja essential in order to run a CFW, or can a cfw such as Pasta or RXTools be run through a different exploit?

Thanks
at least in my case, i am running CFW on the o3ds without any special hardware or game, just downgraded for the 10.x latest OFW to the 4.x....
wolframio

Post by wolframio »

this video will lead you to CFW on the o3DS, but is in spanish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahsSje4syLE

Return to “Homebrew”