Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

It's offical 3ds was jailbroken before vita

Underground 3DS Discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
JeoWay

Re: It's offical 3ds was jailbroken before vita

Post by JeoWay »

Personally, I don't like the whole "3DS finally Jailbroken" title. The 3DS is the original DSI but with a 3D Setting. Flashcarts were originally on the DSI and lower running "Wood/Woody/Wooden" Kernel. These got patched each update and the company would release updates to bypass the patch and update the Wood Kernel. The older DSI Flashcarts not only allowed you to run pirated DS games, but it allowed you to run homebrew.

So to me, this wasn't such a HUGE success. I think that if someone worked on something like this for the vita, It would be a great idea to get PSP Games on the Vita (because it now uses cartridges). Except the fact that everyone wants to make and use a free CFW/JB (or whatever the heck you want to call it).
Advertising
Intel Core i7 4770K @4.7Ghz
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair H100i Water Cooling
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
1TB WD Blue - 128GB 840 PRO SSD
BenQ XL2420TE Gaming Monitor
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Davee wrote: vita jailbreak vita jailbreak vita jailbreak vita jailbreak vita jailbreak
dang it Davee you sure are lucky I <3 you so much >__<
Acid_Snake wrote: well I prefer the term MFW (Modified Firmware) over CFW simply because the former one has more truth in it than the latter one
im OK with MFW as well its just the "other" word that irritates me >__<
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
PCMGR

Post by PCMGR »

jc_gargma wrote:This isn't a jailbreak. Its just a flashcart aiming to make a quick buck. If its real, it'll get patched shut in no time.
Plus, the 3DS was released nearly a year before the Vita. All things being equal, it makes perfect sense having this occur first.

Also, this has nothing to do with the Vita. Moved to Other Platforms/ Homebrews & Security :arrow:
It's not quite a flashcard.

It's a bootloader (like the good ol' times).
A flashcard allows you to run homebrew on a certain degree.
JeoWay wrote:Personally, I don't like the whole "3DS finally Jailbroken" title. The 3DS is the original DSI but with a 3D Setting. Flashcarts were originally on the DSI and lower running "Wood/Woody/Wooden" Kernel. These got patched each update and the company would release updates to bypass the patch and update the Wood Kernel. The older DSI Flashcarts not only allowed you to run pirated DS games, but it allowed you to run homebrew.

So to me, this wasn't such a HUGE success. I think that if someone worked on something like this for the vita, It would be a great idea to get PSP Games on the Vita (because it now uses cartridges). Except the fact that everyone wants to make and use a free CFW/JB (or whatever the heck you want to call it).
Except that it does have better hardware :>
What do I have:
[spoiler]Nothing to lose.[/spoiler]
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

PCMGR wrote:
jc_gargma wrote:This isn't a jailbreak. Its just a flashcart aiming to make a quick buck. If its real, it'll get patched shut in no time.
Plus, the 3DS was released nearly a year before the Vita. All things being equal, it makes perfect sense having this occur first.

Also, this has nothing to do with the Vita. Moved to Other Platforms/ Homebrews & Security :arrow:
It's not quite a flashcard.

It's a bootloader (like the good ol' times).
A flashcard allows you to run homebrew on a certain degree.
JeoWay wrote:Personally, I don't like the whole "3DS finally Jailbroken" title. The 3DS is the original DSI but with a 3D Setting. Flashcarts were originally on the DSI and lower running "Wood/Woody/Wooden" Kernel. These got patched each update and the company would release updates to bypass the patch and update the Wood Kernel. The older DSI Flashcarts not only allowed you to run pirated DS games, but it allowed you to run homebrew.

Except that it does have better hardware :>
What has better hardware? :p
Intel Core i7 4770K @4.7Ghz
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair H100i Water Cooling
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
1TB WD Blue - 128GB 840 PRO SSD
BenQ XL2420TE Gaming Monitor
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

JeoWay wrote:What has better hardware? :p
3DS over the DSi
many people criticize how locked-down the vita is, but nintendo devices are worse far beyond, the difference being that nintendo devices are easier to hack
Norml

Post by Norml »

The 3DS has been out a lot longer and has a lot more games/systems out in the public eye.
The security is also probably easier to crack than the Vita's.

No surprise, the Wii U is also hacked...
RiotDX

Post by RiotDX »

One word: Pokemon. It's no coincidence that the first 3ds flashcard pops up a few months after the announcement of Pokemon X/Y after almost 2 1/2 years of dead silence on the flashcard front. The manufacturer knows that with the upcoming release of Pokemon, more 3dses (there has to be a less awkward way to say the plural of that) will be flying off the shelves than ever, which makes this the ideal time to release a flashcard. I'm just glad that Gateway 3ds will be released early; it'll probably be rather expensive at first and the features are extremely limited. Long story short: there will be a cheap (~$20) clone within a few weeks of its initial release that works better. Just in time for the NA release of Shin Megami Tensei 4!
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

RiotDX wrote:One word: Pokemon. It's no coincidence that the first 3ds flashcard pops up a few months after the announcement of Pokemon X/Y after almost 2 1/2 years of dead silence on the flashcard front. The manufacturer knows that with the upcoming release of Pokemon, more 3dses (there has to be a less awkward way to say the plural of that) will be flying off the shelves than ever, which makes this the ideal time to release a flashcard. I'm just glad that Gateway 3ds will be released early; it'll probably be rather expensive at first and the features are extremely limited. Long story short: there will be a cheap (~$20) clone within a few weeks of its initial release that works better. Just in time for the NA release of Shin Megami Tensei 4!
dogs usually have 8 nipples, do you know how many nipples would hitler had if he had 6 more nipples? that's right! 8, coincidence? I don't think so
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

RiotDX wrote:One word: Pokemon. It's no coincidence that the first 3ds flashcard pops up a few months after the announcement of Pokemon X/Y after almost 2 1/2 years of dead silence on the flashcard front. The manufacturer knows that with the upcoming release of Pokemon, more 3dses (there has to be a less awkward way to say the plural of that) will be flying off the shelves than ever, which makes this the ideal time to release a flashcard
It must be the Illuminati.
I'm just glad that Gateway 3ds will be released early; it'll probably be rather expensive at first and the features are extremely limited. Long story short: there will be a cheap (~$20) clone within a few weeks of its initial release that works better. Just in time for the NA release of Shin Megami Tensei 4!
Itll be 80$ and yes its limited, you need to have micro sticks to hold each game separate. Have fun paying that much.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

Jd8531 wrote:It must be the Illuminati.
or La Li Lu Le Lo

Return to “Programming and Security”