Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

3DS and Charles Proxy (or Fiddler)

Underground 3DS Discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
mlc

3DS and Charles Proxy (or Fiddler)

Post by mlc »

Anyone know of a way to connect a 3DS to the internet without getting a forced update? Basic information about how the forced updates work, or any info about a proxy work around would be super useful. I'll probably give it a shot since I don't have a 3DS flash cart and so still have nothing to lose, so if I find anything out I'll post back in this thread. Any information about 3DS updates would be helpful.
Advertising
DarkenLX

Re: 3DS and Charles Proxy (or Fiddler)

Post by DarkenLX »

mlc wrote:Anyone know of a way to connect a 3DS to the internet without getting a forced update? Basic information about how the forced updates work, or any info about a proxy work around would be super useful. I'll probably give it a shot since I don't have a 3DS flash cart and so still have nothing to lose, so if I find anything out I'll post back in this thread. Any information about 3DS updates would be helpful.
yes i do know how prob is nintendo's servers are setup for 3ds in a way that blocking any of their servers makes any network based game/app error out and refuse to work i have been trying to update the mii plaza w/o system update because of gateway and i cant get it to work
Advertising
PsVita 1: OLED Model 3G [3.36] [PSN?: Y]
PsVita 2: OLED Model 3G [mOFW3.00/eCFW] [PSN? :N]
DarkenLX

Re: 3DS and Charles Proxy (or Fiddler)

Post by DarkenLX »

DarkenLX wrote:
mlc wrote:Anyone know of a way to connect a 3DS to the internet without getting a forced update? Basic information about how the forced updates work, or any info about a proxy work around would be super useful. I'll probably give it a shot since I don't have a 3DS flash cart and so still have nothing to lose, so if I find anything out I'll post back in this thread. Any information about 3DS updates would be helpful.
yes i do know how prob is nintendo's servers are setup for 3ds in a way that blocking any of their servers makes any network based game/app error out and refuse to work i have been trying to update the mii plaza w/o system update because of gateway and i cant get it to work
add these to your pc hosts file that the 3ds is being proxy through but like i said it makes games/apps that connect to nintendo pretty much useless excluding web browser still in search of better work arounds

Code: Select all

127.0.0.1 nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net #(http) (Where the update content is hosted)
127.0.0.1 nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net #(https) (Where updates are checked)
127.0.0.1 cp3s-auth.c.shop.nintendowifi.net #(https) (eShop)
btw those are for usa 3ds other regions have to be adapted accordingly
PsVita 1: OLED Model 3G [3.36] [PSN?: Y]
PsVita 2: OLED Model 3G [mOFW3.00/eCFW] [PSN? :N]

Return to “Programming and Security”