Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Pokemon X and Y; exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS

Discuss official 3DS games here
S1NFUL

Pokemon X and Y; exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS

Post by S1NFUL »

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 43124.html

Speculate, discuss, and approve/criticize.
Advertising
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
domyj35

Re: Pokemon X and Y; exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS

Post by domyj35 »

Looks great, Too bad I don't own a 3DS
Advertising
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

domyj35 wrote:Looks great, Too bad I don't own a 3DS
Me neither. But I definitely will now cuz' of this
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

X Version? Must have~
I wonder if the games are gender-locked? *giggles*
I really like the name choice though. I didn't think they would consider that duo but its neat they did.

Curious if there is going to be any extra ingame theming as a result of the name. Estro-Gen and Tes-Tos-Terone as the 2 legends mayhaps? xD

I'd hope for perhaps a much enhanced Pokemon egg system. I always found it abit bland as it was, toss two on a ranch, come back, and a wild egg appears~. Something more involved like say how Harvest Moon games do it. Your pokemon being under-the-weather for a few days before it lays the egg, some extra means for taking care of the egg, the newborn being extra-delicate for the first while, and so on. Having the expecting pokemon, the egg, and newborn required to remain together in the party for some time would be nice, add some realism, thought this might be abit too complex for the kid audience its aimed towards . Maybe some kind of boost if parent/kid are in a duo-battle? *throws out random ideas for discussion*
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

jc_gargma wrote:X Version? Must have~
I wonder if the games are gender-locked? *giggles*
I really like the name choice though. I didn't think they would consider that duo but its neat they did.

Curious if there is going to be any extra ingame theming as a result of the name. Estro-Gen and Tes-Tos-Terone as the 2 legends mayhaps? xD

I'd hope for perhaps a much enhanced Pokemon egg system. I always found it abit bland as it was, toss two on a ranch, come back, and a wild egg appears~. Something more involved like say how Harvest Moon games do it. Your pokemon being under-the-weather for a few days before it lays the egg, some extra means for taking care of the egg, the newborn being extra-delicate for the first while, and so on. Having the expecting pokemon, the egg, and newborn required to remain together in the party for some time would be nice, add some realism, thought this might be abit too complex for the kid audience its aimed towards . Maybe some kind of boost if parent/kid are in a duo-battle? *throws out random ideas for discussion*
Well you hopes might just come true. Since the game is running on a brand new engine and that so far this Pokemon game seems to be radically different from the rest, they might've also changed the mating system.
St33lDr4g0n

Post by St33lDr4g0n »

S1NFUL wrote: they might've also changed the mating system.
I'll have cross my fingers and hope the game stays E for Everyone :P

And speaking of the trailer, the graphics/gameplay seem to have undergone massive changes since Gen V... Looks amazing, but I'm really starting to miss the good old-fashioned 2D graphics from the GameBoy generations :oops:
-PSP 3000 (03g): 6.61 PRO-C2
-PSP go (05g): 6.61 PRO-C2
-PCH [PS VITA] 1001: OFW 3.XX

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

St33lDr4g0n wrote:

And speaking of the trailer, the graphics/gameplay seem to have undergone massive changes since Gen V... Looks amazing, but I'm really starting to miss the good old-fashioned 2D graphics from the GameBoy generations :oops:
I had a nostalgia-attack the other day when I saw my friend playing Pokemon Emerald :)
St33lDr4g0n

Post by St33lDr4g0n »

S1NFUL wrote:
St33lDr4g0n wrote:

I had a nostalgia-attack the other day when I saw my friend playing Pokemon Emerald :)
The first game I've ever played in the series was actually Emerald... :cry: After that, I went on to beat one game from each reigon: FireRed and Silver. I stopped playing Pokemon until Black & White came out. The only reason I got White though, was because it had major improvements in graphics, especially the sceneries. Since Gen V everything just keeps getting better and better.

But still, no matter how better the future games will get, NOTHING will ever beat the GameBoy/GameBoy Advance in terms of Pokemon 8-)
-PSP 3000 (03g): 6.61 PRO-C2
-PSP go (05g): 6.61 PRO-C2
-PCH [PS VITA] 1001: OFW 3.XX

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Return to “Games”