Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Monster Hunter 3U Wii U 3DS transfer multiple profiles

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
will164035

Monster Hunter 3U Wii U 3DS transfer multiple profiles

Post by will164035 »

Hey all, not sure how to post to 2 different console forums, if it's possible, but it looks like the 3ds one has more use so I figured here would be good.
Anywho, on to the good stuff. This tutorial is for how to trade your Wii U mh3u save to your 3DS without deleting your 3DS file, a problem I had for a long time. So, to give an example, my girlfriend borrowed my 3DS to play monster hunter, and I had the WiiU copy so we could play together. My manager at work wanted to play with me one day, so I got my 3ds back, but had no idea how to put my file from my Wii U onto the 3ds without deleting my girlfriends file.
What you will need:
Wii U
Copy of mh3u for Wii U
3DS
Copy of mh3u for 3DSn
Download 3ds mh3u transfer tool
(basically everything obvious, but meh, there we go)
1) So first off, I'm assuming you already have two profiles, one on your wii u and one on your 3ds, but if not you make them by going to new game and saving. Once that's done, the real first step is to get the 3ds file off your 3ds and onto your wii u. BUT WAIT! transferring said file requires you to delete the Wii u file first. To get around this, go to the home menu of the wii u. click on your mii avatar in the top left corner, then on the switch user button. if you already have more than 1 user, switch to a different user - any will do, as long as its not your main mii that your Wii u mh3u save is on; if not, create a New User.
2) After this is done, boot up your mh3u game on your Wii u, and the mh3u transfer tool on your 3ds. for the Wii u, on the start menu go to data transfer, and on the 3ds you'll be there already. This part is really straight forward, even if you've never done it before - just click the 3ds to Wii u option on the 3ds, and wait for it to complete.
3) Next, you'll need to exit the software on the Wii u, to go back to the home menu. Switch back to your main user, then boot up mh3u again. Go to data transfer, and on the 3ds this time hit Wii u to 3ds, follow the prompts, wait a few seconds, and VOILA! You've got your Wii U file on your 3ds without deleting your 3ds file

Happy Hunting! :D
Advertising

Return to “Tutorials”