Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Meet players on Streetpass without buying any hardware

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
psgravity

Meet players on Streetpass without buying any hardware

Post by psgravity »

Hi, here is a tutorial that will teach you how to meet players using Streetpass in all the world without leaving your home and without buying any hardware.

For this you will need to download the My Public Wifi software, you can download it here : http://www.4shared.com/zip/2d48jFhI/mypublicwifi.html

Please note that this will work only if the PC you are using is on Windows 7 or 8.

First step: Create a Hotspot Nintendo Zone

Run "My Public Wifi" in administrator.
Once opened, go to Administration and put in the language English.
Then go back to Configuration.

Press "Stop Your Hotspot" to configure the connection.
Select Automatic Configuration Hotspot
In SSID put : attwifi
In the password zone put whatever you want.
Check the Enable Internet Connection Sharing box (normally it is already checked).
From the down menu, choose how your computer is connected to internet.
Take Wireless Network Connection if your computer is connected to wifi internet.
Take local network if your computer is connected by a cable to your router for Internet access.

Click Create and start your Hotspot. Connect your 3DS to attwifi with the password that you defined at the beginning (Your 3DS must be connected only to attwifi, delete your other connections).
If all goes well, when you return to the Home menu, a message appears telling you that Nintendo zone services are available.

Second step: meeting Streetpass persons

The first step only serves to transform your PC into a Hotspot nintendo area. To make your meetings through Streetpass, you must follow the second step.

Click Stop your Hotspot in My Public Wifi.

To meet players via Streetpass, your Nintendo Hotspot zone (your PC) must have the same MAC address as the other players.
Here is many MAC addresses that you can use :

Now open the Control Panel on your PC, click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center.
In the left menu, click Change adapter settings. Right click on your connection type (the one you put in My Public Wifi) and then click properties then Configure.
Go to the Advanced tab. Find Local MAC address and change its value. Put a MAC address that is mentioned in the upper image, without putting the two points between the numbers.
Then press OK. After changing your MAC address, the internet connection of your PC will cut. Wait 30 seconds for your internet connection to be back then reopen My Public Wifi Hotspot choose Auto Configuration and click Create and start your Hotspot.
Put your 3DS in sleep on the Home menu, wait a few minutes (1-5 minutes) and you'll meet players via StreetPass!

You will meet 6 people. Do this again and you will meet 6 other people, or you can repeat step 2 using a different MAC address from the list.
Remember to wait 8 hours before using a MAC address that you already used, otherwise you will not meet anyone.

I hope this will help people that can't meet people through Streetpass.
Enjoy !!!
Advertising
mindglitch

Re: Meet players on Streetpass without buying any hardware

Post by mindglitch »

maybe you can help.

never mind. i feel like a dumbass. figured it out.
Advertising
-always use the search function before asking and if you receive help from anyone, say thanks and remember to pay it forward.
[spoiler]#387843 by dgjg0622
Tue May 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Me too,i can't install it, i am not back up, i can't update,I want dead[/spoiler]

Return to “Tutorials”