Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

how to play PSN games from your external HDD

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
timtraoro

how to play PSN games from your external HDD

Post by timtraoro »

Hi, through this tutorial you will learn how to play PSN games from your external HDD which will let you save some space on your PS3’s internal HDD on a PS3 in CFW.

First, you will need to download these files :
-Eboot and Package Resigner : http://www.mediafire.com/download/uh1rc ... IGNING.zip
-Param Editor : http://www.mediafire.com/download/g3kbg ... ex+hdd.zip
-Pkg View : http://www.mediafire.com/download/mcuin ... ew_1.3.rar

Now, follow these steps :

1) Extract PSN your game in .PKG format using PKG View (File> Open> Your PSN game.pkg, once this is done select all to a folder)

2) Open the PARAM.SFO of your PSN game using Param Editor and change the class "DG (Disk Game) Blu Ray" (the one above) and save your file by clicking "Save")

3) Now open Eboot & Package Resigner and copy the EBOOT.BIN from your pkg you extracted earlier and copy it to the same file where is CFW Eboot & PKG Resigner.exe

4) Open CFW Eboot & PKG Resigner.exe and press 1 then validate by pressing ENTER.

5) Press 1 and press ENTER again

6) Press 6 and press ENTER to resign

7) Press 2 (Disc Eboot) and wait

8) Press y and confirm by pressing ENTER
Wait for it to finish completely resign the EBOOT.BIN and press ENTER and close the program

9) You see a EBOOT.BIN_ORIG, it is the original eboot of your PSN game, it is up to you to delete it or to save it in another place.

10) Create a new folder with the name of your game and create another folder in it to be called PS3_GAME and put all your files from your PSN game with the changed files (Eboot.bin &PARAM.SFO) as follows :
EBOOT.BIN> USRDIR
PARAM.SFO> PS3_GAME

11) Copy the folder to your external hard drive (in the folder GAMES or GAMEZ it depends on you), run MultiMan refresh the game list and then now you can launch your game.

Note : This was tested on Rogero CFW 4.55.

Enjoy
Advertising
STLcardsWS

Re: how to play PSN games from your external HDD

Post by STLcardsWS »

Or you could CUT OUT ALL THOSE STEPS and just use GAMEDATA TOOL LINK ...

Actually this tut is how to make a PSN game into a Retail Convert. Which can be played on either internal or external .

[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHq8QnGucGc[/youtube]
Advertising
bodega

Post by bodega »

The better and faster way to do this is using 3k3y iso tool. If anyone want to use this method you must create PS3 DISC.SFB file and there is also other files that need to be created, but i can't remember
At last all games need a "fixed" EBOOT.BIN (you need scetool to remove license limitation or just search it on google if anyone have already share that file).
sorry 4 my bad english :)

Follow me on Twitter erBodega
STLcardsWS

Post by STLcardsWS »

bodega wrote:The better and faster way to do this is using 3k3y iso tool. If anyone want to use this method you must create PS3 DISC.SFB file and there is also other files that need to be created, but i can't remember
At last all games need a "fixed" EBOOT.BIN (you need scetool to remove license limitation or just search it on google if anyone have already share that file).
The better way is the GameData Tool :) .. My post was moderated because of the video. So you may not of seen that when you replied
nyak00

Post by nyak00 »

Question about this, I have bought Assassin's Creed: Heritage Collection... 5 AC games on 1 disk, AC1, AC2, AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations are on .PKG format and can't be played without the original disc, I want to be able to dump them either on internal or external and be able to play them without inserting the original disc..

Is there anyway I can do this with the tutorial or the GameDataTool or Aldostools?

Thanks!!
nyak00

Post by nyak00 »

I have tried this and was able to transfer .PKG games to external and the PS3 was able to detect it, but my problem is the game wont run. It's only black screen after..

I guess the problem is that my game has a PSN ID and I have changed it to a retail game ID(from NPEB00393 to BLUS30089 for assassin's creed 1).. I have done that because I'm concern with DLC's. Will it be possible to use DLC's for retail games on PSN games.

If i were still to use PSN game ID, how can I use DLCs for said games..

Thanks so much!!!
mounir1991

Post by mounir1991 »

The method I'm using is that I download the pkg I want.then I look for eboot.bin and param.sfo of the same game but not the same ID (for example NPUB31154 gta v I search for eboot and param for ID BLES01807) then I create a normal ps3 game structure BLES01807>PS3_GAME>..etc etc and the game works perfectly.Sometimes I download those files using torrent or ask a friend to send them to me :D.I tried one piece pirate warriors 1+2+3 and street fighter x tekken and battlefield 2+3 and many other games and they worked perfectly
dquestagod

Post by dquestagod »

I need directions on how can take psn games from one ps3 and put it on another.Using multiman. how can I get them to show up on front screen.
mounir1991

Post by mounir1991 »

Hi.Thansk for the tutorial,however I get a red error while I'm trying to decrypt eboot for the game evil within ID NPUB31392 which is can't decrypt the file.any sugestion please ??

Return to “Tutorials”