Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS4 Linux. Steam + Emulators + office out of the box

Post here your guides, tips, How-to, etc...
D-ecks

Re: PS4 Linux. Steam + Emulators + office out of the box

Post by D-ecks »

ModzLink wrote:CRC errors.. I've already tried downloading the file multiple times, and on multiple computers.

Screenshot1: https://gyazo.com/0a0498ee99e42722386b057e92662710

Screenshot2: https://gyazo.com/d45381ceead723a03c0466d77bbd1699
1. Try another archiver (7zip)

2. Try to download from https://mega.nz/#!kcFSAL6D!7o9j2EKB9h4A ... hxbqd1nPfw (that's not my upload)
Advertising
D-ecks

Post by D-ecks »

Unpacked size should be about 8GB (not 3.46)
Advertising
fgghjjkll

Post by fgghjjkll »

I got it working too. You need to use WinRAR to extract, not 7zip, as 7zip will give you the CRC error. However, the extracted size will be 3.46.
handy333

Post by handy333 »

ModzLink wrote:CRC errors.. I've already tried downloading the file multiple times, and on multiple computers.

Screenshot1: https://gyazo.com/0a0498ee99e42722386b057e92662710

Screenshot2: https://gyazo.com/d45381ceead723a03c0466d77bbd1699

I figured it out.

Use winrar and open the file by double clicking on it.
Right click the img file and extract it to...
In the options that come up make sure you check this checkbox.
Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/728ca606f01dfdab95bb9518055edef2

Everything should work as normal after that.
Ethernet seems to be working for me - I'm using a D-link gigabit switch and gigabit ethernet cable.

How's your Dolphin speed? Were you able to speed up the fps?
D-ecks

Post by D-ecks »

ModzLink wrote: Everything should work as normal after that.
Ethernet seems to be working for me - I'm using a D-link gigabit switch and gigabit ethernet cable.
Did you mean cat 5e cable or other?
InsaneNutter

Post by InsaneNutter »

D-ecks wrote:Did you mean cat 5e cable or other?
Cheers for putting this together, I managed to get it running :mrgreen:

I can confirm Ethernet works fine, however you need to have the PS4 connected to a gigabit router or switch. You can use either cat5e or cat6 cable, it doesn't matter. 10/100 Ethernet doesn't work, only Gigabit Ethernet.

VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic »

Hi D-ecks, thanks a lot of the tutorial, it's really easy to follow for a PS4 homebrew beginner like me :)

However, I am having trouble getting this to work. I've had a few different outcomes on my 1.76 PS$ so far, for example, after pressing the load linux button in PS4 playground, sometimes the unit completely switches off, other times i get a flashing white light-bar with black screen , sometimes i get a cold-reboot and other times i get a blue flashing light-bar and a hard-reboot along with restoring my file system.

I know the exploit is unstable and it's still early days, so i am wondering if it's a matter of just keep trying until it boots? Or could there be another underlying problem?

I'm about to try with a different USB thumb drive, i'll report back with the results.

Thanks again :)
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD
D-ecks

Post by D-ecks »

VitaGenic wrote:Hi D-ecks, thanks a lot of the tutorial, it's really easy to follow for a PS4 homebrew beginner like me :)

However, I am having trouble getting this to work. I've had a few different outcomes on my 1.76 PS$ so far, for example, after pressing the load linux button in PS4 playground, sometimes the unit completely switches off, other times i get a flashing white light-bar with black screen , sometimes i get a cold-reboot and other times i get a blue flashing light-bar and a hard-reboot along with restoring my file system.

I know the exploit is unstable and it's still early days, so i am wondering if it's a matter of just keep trying until it boots? Or could there be another underlying problem?

I'm about to try with a different USB thumb drive, i'll report back with the results.

Thanks again :)
I have same problem when playground not set as start page in User's guide. Try Magic DNS:
Configure your internet connection and set primary DNS to 89.108.88.221, secondary set to 0.0.0.0. More detailed version of this instruction is here.
It automatically redirects you to the playground and starts linux, no any additional actions required.
VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic »

D-ecks wrote: I have same problem when playground not set as start page in User's guide. Try Magic DNS:
Configure your internet connection and set primary DNS to 89.108.88.221, secondary set to 0.0.0.0. More detailed version of this instruction is here.
It automatically redirects you to the playground and starts linux, no any additional actions required.
Thank you so much for the DNS, i couldn't access the browser due to not being able to sign into PSN and was browsing through the sony website looking for a google plus link, it was time consuming, but now the playground appears straight away! :D

Now the linux distro is booting, Thanks a lot for your help :)
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD
PixelButts

Post by PixelButts »

It's come to my attention that Virtual Desktop spaces aren't available in it's current state.

Any chance of getting this functionality into it?

Return to “Tutorials”