Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS4: Shareplay trick to bypass time limit /game limitation

Post here your guides, tips, How-to, etc...
kupomogli

PS4: Shareplay trick to bypass time limit /game limitation

Post by kupomogli »

Seeing the shareplay tutorial had me think of a trick that I thought of a long time ago to essentially bypass the 60 minute time limit and allow the player to play any game through shareplay, this includes games like Diablo 3, Tales of Zesiteria, etc.

It's really not shareplay, but remote play, and some people may have not thought about using it this way.

Now first off, I'd only recommend doing this with someone you know personally or are sure you can trust, otherwise your account might be jacked, but just be aware of the consequences for doing it with someone you don't know. You could always create a second account specifically for this as well.

It'd basically be setting a PSTV or a Playstation Vita up for remote play but instead of setting it up on your PS4, your friend would log into your account and then turn on the remote play function of the account. Once they set go to the remote play options and then choose add device on the PS4, it'll come up with a number that you'd input through PS4 link to activate your PSTV or Vita on their system. They'd log into your account and you'd then use PS4 link while their console is on to log on and choose the option to log on through the internet as a second controller. Port 9304 needs to be open on their router in order to connect to the PS4.

Then that's it. They can start up a game of Diablo 3 and you can actually save your character without it disappearing in 60 minutes. They can start a game of Tales of Zesitiria up and you can not only watch but actually play as one of the other characters when in battle.

So really, the tutorial is how to use remote play, but this is a way people might not have thought about doing so. Additionally, unlike Shareplay, you'll actually get trophies if that's the sort of thing that interests you. And if you're good friends, your friend can allow the PS4 to be turned on remotely and put it into sleep mode whenever they're not their to allow you to play whatever is on or in their console, so there's benefits to this besides playing a game with friends online.
Advertising
kupomogli

Re: PS4: Shareplay trick to bypass time limit /game limitat

Post by kupomogli »

I mislabeled how the topic is supposed to be done and can't change it now. It won't allow edit. Maybe someone can fix it.
Advertising

Return to “Tutorials”