Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Replace your ps4 HDD with a bigger one

Post here your guides, tips, How-to, etc...
fifa12madrid

Replace your ps4 HDD with a bigger one

Post by fifa12madrid »

In this tutorial, I will teach you how to change the HDD of your ps4.

To be sure to do this safely, one important thing before ordering your hard drive, it must be a model 2.5-inch SATA (those we usually find in laptops), with a minimum capacity of 160 GB and a maximum thickness of 9.5 millimeters.

You will need :
-1 Playstation 4
-1 internal HDD 2.5-inch
-1 screwdriver
-1 USB key with a minimum of 1 gb of free space

1)Put the PlayStation 4 on a flat surface.

2)With the palm of your hand (preferably both hands), push to drag the brightest part of the console up until it dislodges.

3)Unscrew the screws decorated with Playstation logos (cross, square, triangle, circle) with your screwdriver.

4)Slide the tray containing the hard disk to the left.

5)Unscrew the four screws on both sides of the hard disc.

6)Remove the hard disc from the tray and replace it with your new hard disk.

7)Check that the disc screws are aligned with the holes in the drawer and replace the four screws on the sides.

8)Slide the drawer into your PlayStation 4, and reput the screws to your PlayStation.

9)Replace the cover of your PlayStation 4, and you can turn it on.

10)On again, the console will start in Safe Mode and you will get an error message asking you to connect a DualShock 4 with the USB cable, do it and press the PlayStation button.

11)After downloading the latest firmware, put it on your USB key under PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDATE.PUP, connect the USB to your PlayStation 4, and select OK.

12)Once the firmware installation is complete, your PS4 will restart, and you will have to reconfigure it fully as if you got it new.

You can now enjoy your new free space with your new HDD.
Advertising
JMQMOfficials

Re: Replace your ps4 HDD with a bigger one

Post by JMQMOfficials »

You should add which hard drives are best and how fast they write data.
One more thing, if the screws are too tight on the new HDD, you might experience problems.
Advertising
GregoryRasputin

Post by GregoryRasputin »

JMQMOfficials wrote:You should add which hard drives are best and how fast they write data.
One more thing, if the screws are too tight on the new HDD, you might experience problems.

It would be easier for him to add where he copy & pasted this tutorial from :p
mstekno_uk

Post by mstekno_uk »

adding to this tutorial you require the following:

PS4 initialisation file from http://uk.playstation.com/ps4initialise/

USB is 900mb file size as the recovery file is not stored on the PS4 system.
Tikao

Post by Tikao »

I bought my bundle PS4 destiny and have bought a 2TB HD, but when searching I found that the PS4 does not offer the option to backup the HD and it is also not possible to clone the HD of PS4 (only if the two have the same capacity). Also found that you need to install the entire operating system PS4 when you exchange HD (update file 900 MB), but my PS4 is on FW 1.76 and I want to keep this FW (for the obvious reason of exploring webkit), i found only this 900 MB file for FW 2.00.

So I wonder if any user has this file for FW 1.76.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT:

I got find the recovery 1.76 firmware website http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/1.760.000, I swap the HD on Thursday, I will use the downloaded file on the site above, hopefully everything works out. If it work, come back here and give news.

Thanks everyone.
PSVita FW3.18- TNV10 - Patapon 2 and XS Moto
My Collection
TioBrazMii

Post by TioBrazMii »

Can i put a external 4TB HDD connected from a adapter?
Last edited by TioBrazMii on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH
Tikao

Post by Tikao »

Tikao wrote:I bought my bundle PS4 destiny and have bought a 2TB HD, but when searching I found that the PS4 does not offer the option to backup the HD and it is also not possible to clone the HD of PS4 (only if the two have the same capacity). Also found that you need to install the entire operating system PS4 when you exchange HD (update file 900 MB), but my PS4 is on FW 1.76 and I want to keep this FW (for the obvious reason of exploring webkit), i found only this 900 MB file for FW 2.00.

So I wonder if any user has this file for FW 1.76.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT:

I got find the recovery 1.76 firmware website http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/1.760.000, I swap the HD on Thursday, I will use the downloaded file on the site above, hopefully everything works out. If it work, come back here and give news.

Thanks everyone.
I downloaded the file from the site worked perfectly, who need the recovery file for the PS4, can download the site mentioned above.
PSVita FW3.18- TNV10 - Patapon 2 and XS Moto
My Collection
dal3boy

Post by dal3boy »

Hi

Can some1 reupload 1.76 Recovery??? Pleaseee

Return to “Tutorials”