Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
PixelButts

[PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post by PixelButts »

###UPDATE###
Henkaku R5 does not support the modified shell.self file. I advise you not make an attempt to use this. If you can live without PSN and PSN spoofing then feel free to continue. If you do not want to give up the spoofing, then do not proceed.

First off, I appreciate that the shell.self from kits works on retail systems, but I wanted just a little bit more available to me.
I typed this up for a lot of people, and wanted to post it here as well.

##IMPORTANT NOTES##

This modification does than just changing “shell.self” for the DEX live Area
This is not a full CEX2DEX conversion. Until os0: is more understood it will not be complete.
Not all DEX utilities will work. Some do, many dont.
This is in no way safe due to the use of VitaRW. Do not use this method unless you understand its risks.
This is the first attempt. Some things may not work properly and will crash.
This requires the use of database rebuilding. Any modifications to app.db will be removed.
This can be used on PSTV and PS Vita systems. PSTV may have issues with certain apps.

######################

What you will need
-The provided files (http://www.mediafire.com/download/7cba5 ... lf+Mod.rar)
-VitaRW (Not supplied)
-Henkaku (http://henkaku.xyz/)
-FTP Client (FileZilla is nice)
-A PSTV/Vita on 3.60
-app.db file for use on Bubble Studio (https://anthe.studio/bubblestudio/)
-the save data from Bubble Studio (probably optional)
-QCMA or CMA (QCMA preferred)
-A full backup of your vs0 directory

1) Install Henkaku

2) Install your FTP client and transfer VitaWR.vpk to the system

3) Back up all of vs0 and put it somewhere safe

4) Install VitaWR and use it. If it gets stuck hit the PS Button and then continue it. It will complete.

5) Extract the contents of the supplied files to vs0:. Overwrite them (you made a backup so its okay).

6) Once complete you will see failed transfers. If they’re all folders you did it correctly. If it’s files try again til ALL files transfer successfully

7) Exit FTP and turn off your system

8) Enter recovery mode and rebuild database

9) It should load you back to the Live Area. Your bubbles should be there in the DEX Live Area.

9.5) If you are unsure if it succeeded, find Molecule, hit Triangle and look for “Debug Utility”.

10) Refrain from using the following due to system crashing.
-Mini Settings for QA bubble
-Debug Settings (in settings bubble. Normal settings are okay to use)

##The following may vary##

11) Open Molecule and FTP your app.db to your pc (ur0:shell/db/app.db)

12) Go to https://anthe.studio/bubblestudio/, click “Add Bubble” and select “Package Installer”

13) Click save and you will have a modified app.db. Save this and FTP it back to your system

14) Reboot and you will see your Package Installer bubble is present and working

Extra notes

-If you wish to install packages, create a folder names “packages” in your CMA (or QCMA) directory
(Documents/PS Vita/package) and place any pkg files in this directory.
-Save data for Bubble Studio might not be needed for Package installer.
-If you encounter an issue be sure to let others know
-Remove the "Featured" app if you wish

Checksum for file provided

SHA256
010CBC952703A7240DF5D941DA0D949808D1815F0308C7691FF79A56C57F3D91
Advertising
Last edited by PixelButts on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Recieire

Re: [PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post by Recieire »

Hi, thank you for this tutorial.
Does the check option under debug utility work with this?
Advertising
PixelButts

Post by PixelButts »

Recieire wrote:Hi, thank you for this tutorial.
Does the check option under debug utility work with this?
No not yet.
Recieire

Post by Recieire »

So I followed your tutorial and made it till the end with no problems at all.
After rebuilding database my package installer icon was gone as expected but I haven't noticed any changes on my Livearea beside this as I already had the debug utility settings working by SilicaandPina. In settings app I did notice the debug settings option that wasn't there before and trophy app also show now the lock/unlock options.
Am I supposed to find any other important changes?
SilicaAndPina

Post by SilicaAndPina »

Haha this is acturally exactly what ive done on my psvita. swapped my entire vs0: with dex.. :D

be aware of rebuild database as it will hide your ps store app..
however pkg installer wont disapair on rebuild lol

i was gonna do this exact tutorial however i relized that no debug settings work so i kinda just left it only releasing the things that did work - pkg installer - debug utility - trophys app
i was gonna do settings app too so u could disable auto-standby but whatever i might still do that? ;)

anyway if you want a 'rex' psvita this is how u do that :3

=========
Recieire wrote:So I followed your tutorial and made it till the end with no problems at all.
After rebuilding database my package installer icon was gone as expected but I haven't noticed any changes on my Livearea beside this as I already had the debug utility settings working by SilicaandPina. In settings app I did notice the debug settings option that wasn't there before and trophy app also show now the lock/unlock options.
litterally thats it. is everything i allready provided. - debug utility and trophys thing i didnt bother with debug srttings as they dont work lol u should have a working pkg installer. (again was allready doable lol) but youll also have mini settinga QA and preview stores.
the only use for debug settings app atm is that u can completley turn off auto-standby also if u look at system info it will say more than 3.60
Last edited by fate6 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
PixelButts

Post by PixelButts »

SilicaAndPina wrote:be aware of rebuild database as it will hide your ps store app..
My version retains the store and everything most users will care about. Most settings people want that do function are in it. It's not a full conversion for a reason.
I also specifically went to the effort to keep the PS Store bubble
Recieire wrote:So I followed your tutorial and made it till the end with no problems at all.
There's a lot of other settings that should change as well, but most wont work (example - the debug settings in the settings bubble crashes, but theres more beyond that).

Your System Information should show 3.600.011 as well (what shows on kits).
You should now be able to use the USB_Ethernet option (under network add manual point - may not work, no idea. You need the dev lan adapter for it to work)
Content Manager will say it's a testkit/devkit if you select the backup option (yes the actual full system backup that nobody uses - normal transfers still work from PS3/PC->System and System->PC/PS3)

Be careful with the trophy locking and unlocking as I'm not sure if you risk any ban with using it.
FeitX

Post by FeitX »

What does Check even do?
"Either do something stupid or write something stupid"
-LeMe
PixelButts

Post by PixelButts »

FeitX wrote:What does Check even do?
Exactly what you think it does.
I did a check on a game dump I made via vitamin (hence why check says the "steroid.suprx" shouldn't exist)
2016-08-30-233349.jpg
2016-08-30-233349.jpg (80.91 KiB) Viewed 8626 times
2016-08-30-233358.jpg
2016-08-30-233358.jpg (103.44 KiB) Viewed 8626 times
2016-08-30-233407.jpg
2016-08-30-233407.jpg (127.32 KiB) Viewed 8626 times
AbyssDweller

Post by AbyssDweller »

PixelButts wrote: I did a check on a game dump I made via vitamin (hence why check says the "steroid.suprx" shouldn't exist)
Oh, I spoke to you where you originally posted the pastebin. Good stuff, I was wondering who you were.

And uh-oh, hopefully retail vitas don't have hidden checks like that.
FeitX

Post by FeitX »

PixelButts wrote:
FeitX wrote:What does Check even do?
Exactly what you think it does.
I did a check on a game dump I made via vitamin (hence why check says the "steroid.suprx" shouldn't exist)
2016-08-30-233349.jpg
2016-08-30-233358.jpg
2016-08-30-233407.jpg
Oh, that's great stuff for checking file integrity xD.

Steroid.suprx is an anomaly, TheFlow literally rebuilt the entire eboot.bin to emulate the mandatory modules using steroid.suprx instead of just dumping it like how the Chinese does
"Either do something stupid or write something stupid"
-LeMe

Return to “Tutorials”