Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
User avatar
PixelButts
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:12 am

Re: [PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post by PixelButts » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:20 am

Updated the main post.
Added a warning about using the latest Henkaku.
Advertising

CelesteBlue
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:19 pm

Re: [PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post by CelesteBlue » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:44 am

PixelButts wrote:Updated the main post.
Added a warning about using the latest Henkaku.
Please PixelButts detail what are the advantages, the bonus of half-converting to DEX.
Thank you very much
Advertising

User avatar
fate6
Big Beholder
Posts: 7599
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: [[email protected] ~]$

Re: [PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post by fate6 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:45 am

CelesteBlue wrote:Please PixelButts detail what are the advantages, the bonus of half-converting to DEX.
Thank you very much
afaik absolutely nothing other then the bragging rights I guess.
Image
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

CelesteBlue
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:19 pm

Re: [PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post by CelesteBlue » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:14 pm

fate6 wrote:
CelesteBlue wrote:Please PixelButts detail what are the advantages, the bonus of half-converting to DEX.
Thank you very much
afaik absolutely nothing other then the bragging rights I guess.
ahah, PixelButts, seriously ?

User avatar
PixelButts
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:12 am

Re: [PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post by PixelButts » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:26 pm

CelesteBlue wrote:ahah, PixelButts, seriously ?
It has a legitimate use to non-average users.
Average users have little to no use for it.

Once os0 is changed without a brick then things will really be fun.

Mooliecool
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Re: [PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post by Mooliecool » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:41 am

I believe that os0:sm/ , os0:/kd/error_table.bin os0:/kd/registry.db0 and safemode.self can be replaced without brick. safemode.self doesn't brick, while the rest remain unconfirmed.

PS: Is settings supposed to show mac address lan cable and full FW (3.600.011)?
Vita FAT 3.50 EU 3G/WIFI PHP ARK-2 APE TN-V11
Vita Slim 3.36 HK WIFI OFW
[Traded]TV 3.15 TN-X Patched
PSP 3000 4G 6.20 PRO B8

User avatar
PixelButts
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:12 am

Re: [PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post by PixelButts » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:27 pm

Mooliecool wrote:I believe that os0:sm/ , os0:/kd/error_table.bin os0:/kd/registry.db0 and safemode.self can be replaced without brick. safemode.self doesn't brick, while the rest remain unconfirmed.

PS: Is settings supposed to show mac address lan cable and full FW (3.600.011)?
If you can prove the os0: stuff then please show footage of this as thats actually important.

As for the settings - yes thats just part of it. The closer to a testkit/devkit, the more it acts like one (i have not figured out how to undo the process that shows the full firmware but it doesn't bother me enough to matter).

francilord95
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:09 am

Re: [PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post by francilord95 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:22 pm

The replaceable file os0 dex testing kits are:
os0: /kd/error_table.bin
os0: /kd/registry.db0 and all file
os0: / sm
Unfortunately, these files that they replace are equal to the filesystem cex
I do not feel like to change all files os0 otherwise brick the ps vita system
These files have been tested by me and work download link: https://mega.nz/#!clpVkKjT!9R49zY4Q8qx8 ... RB7vyS6HBE

atreyu187
Moderator
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:08 am

Re: [PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post by atreyu187 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:08 am

francilord95 wrote:The replaceable file os0 dex testing kits are:
os0: /kd/error_table.bin
os0: /kd/registry.db0 and all file
os0: / sm
Unfortunately, these files that they replace are equal to the filesystem cex
I do not feel like to change all files os0 otherwise brick the ps vita system
These files have been tested by me and work download link: https://mega.nz/#!clpVkKjT!9R49zY4Q8qx8 ... RB7vyS6HBE

Does replacing the registry files from a DEX unit allow any more modifications with the registry tool? I'm going to convert one of my pstv into a semi DEX and keep the other one fully CEX to tinker with.

Mooliecool
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Re: [PSTV-Vita] Partial Retail to DEX Conversion

Post by Mooliecool » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:11 pm

atreyu187 wrote:
francilord95 wrote:The replaceable file os0 dex testing kits are:
os0: /kd/error_table.bin
os0: /kd/registry.db0 and all file
os0: / sm
Unfortunately, these files that they replace are equal to the filesystem cex
I do not feel like to change all files os0 otherwise brick the ps vita system
These files have been tested by me and work download link: https://mega.nz/#!clpVkKjT!9R49zY4Q8qx8 ... RB7vyS6HBE

Does replacing the registry files from a DEX unit allow any more modifications with the registry tool? I'm going to convert one of my pstv into a semi DEX and keep the other one fully CEX to tinker with.
Something checks if the registry is DEX or not. SO even if you do move it over it will restore to CEX on boot. Maybe replacing regestry.db0 from os0 but idk bout that. I believe it has something to do with SM or the bootconfig.
Vita FAT 3.50 EU 3G/WIFI PHP ARK-2 APE TN-V11
Vita Slim 3.36 HK WIFI OFW
[Traded]TV 3.15 TN-X Patched
PSP 3000 4G 6.20 PRO B8

Post Reply

Return to “Tutorials”