Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Unlock ★Debug Utility on RETAIL Psvita

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
SilicaAndPina

Unlock ★Debug Utility on RETAIL Psvita

Post by SilicaAndPina »

Okay so first. id like to give a huge thank you to @WCodeLyoko. As he provided me with a filesystem dump of a dex console and id also like to thank Major_Tom for VitaRW.

How To Unlock ★Debug Utility on CEX Vita's
Okay so If you would prefer a video version of this then check here: [Video Coming Soon] But if you prefer a wall of text tutorial then just keep reading.

So first you just need to download this file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/euu1zo6g2 ... 281%29.zip
and then just extract it with either WinRAR, 7Zip, Or Windows Explorer. After you do that open FTP On your vita and copy VitaRW.vpk to your PSVita. with Molecular Shell Or Vitashell. install VitaRW. then you just need to run VitaRW On your vita and wait till it automatically exits (if it gets stuck press PS then 'Continue' The app) once thats done Open an FTP Connection again. and on your PC Open Everything to VS0 and copy everything inside that folder directly to vs0: (you should be copying a folder called VSH Directly into vs0:) then it will ask if you want to overwrite shell.self you need to click 'Yes' once thats done copying you just reboot your psvita tap and hold on any app and you will see "Delete" "Infomation" like useal but youll also see "★Debug Utility" and in "Infomation" there will be some extra info like the apps titleid. wheter or not is has GRW0: and more with debug utility everything works. except Check witch just says cannot find the application but still pretty usefull.

- SilicaAndPina.
Advertising
Last edited by SilicaAndPina on Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
xy2_

Re: Unlock ★Debug Utility on RETAIL Psvita

Post by xy2_ »

Hint: if you want to brick people overwrite something in os0 instead, vs0 is recoverable via Safe Mode.
Advertising
xy2_

Post by xy2_ »

Testing.. it does indeed work. My mistake.
Last edited by xy2_ on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
SilicaAndPina

Post by SilicaAndPina »

xy2_ wrote:Hint: if you want to brick people overwrite something in os0 instead, vs0 is recoverable via Safe Mode.
thats great advice if i was trying to brick vitas but im not trying to brick anything.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

SilicaAndPina wrote:
xy2_ wrote:Hint: if you want to brick people overwrite something in os0 instead, vs0 is recoverable via Safe Mode.
thats great advice if i was trying to brick vitas but im not trying to brick anything.
It was a sarcastic comment, but even you have to admit that you hurt your credibility with the release of that Harry Potter script.

[spoiler]Although I will admit when I read the first article the first thing I did was laugh... But it was still a scummy thing to do none the less.[/spoiler]
mr.gas
Guru

Post by mr.gas »

its working actually :)
AlexxLopaztico02

Post by AlexxLopaztico02 »

Well, it seems like it doesnt format or brick. Going to try later.
xGhOsTkiLLeRx

Post by xGhOsTkiLLeRx »

Works fine for my CEX Vita. Thanks for sharing!
PSP 2004, 7D, TA-085 v1, CFW 6.61 ME-2.3
PS Vita (US, 3G), OFW 3.60 [HENkaku]
PS3 60 GB [now 500GB], OFW 4.80
PS4 [CUH-1216A] 1TB Special Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Edition , OFW 4.01

If you know about the error codes 80109D24 or 80109D80 contact me please!
Mooliecool

Post by Mooliecool »

Barely works cause most debugger apps are missing, we need full system dump >_>.
Vita FAT 3.50 EU 3G/WIFI PHP ARK-2 APE TN-V11
Vita Slim 3.36 HK WIFI OFW
[Traded]TV 3.15 TN-X Patched
PSP 3000 4G 6.20 PRO B8
Freakler

Post by Freakler »

Mooliecool wrote:Barely works cause most debugger apps are missing, we need full system dump >_>.
Still does not work even with the checker installed..
PSVita 1001 - 3.60
PSVita 1004 - 3.60 IDU
PSVita 1004 - 2.02 TN-V
PSP 2004 - 6.60 ME-1.8 (TA-085v1)
PSP 1004 - 5.00 M33-6 (TA-081)

Return to “Tutorials”