Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Installing HENkaku and Homebrew (3.60)

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
5ham5h33r

Installing HENkaku and Homebrew (3.60)

Post by 5ham5h33r »

Heyyya, I just tried hacking my Vita 3.60 with new HENkaku hack and guess what... it worked so here's how you do it...

Note: Make sure you have Javascript enabled in your Vita browser

1) Okay first of all you must open the site https://henkaku.me/ on your PS Vita browser... ( NOT ON YOUR PC )

2) After opening the site click on the install button...... A "Please wait.." screen should appear..

3) If all goes well then next you will get a pop up saying "Welcome to HENKaku" Click OK

4) The page will load and a console like screen will appear which will show stuff like "Downloading vita shell, etc, etc" ignore everything and dont panic....

5) After the page loads your Vita browser will close and you will see MolecularShell bubble installed on your Vita...

TROUBLESHOOTING... (Copied from HENkaku site... Slightly edited for easier understanding)

Error C1-6775-5 when launching molecularShell :-
You must run the HENkaku installer again. Follow the directions above.

The web browser crashes and an error report dialog appears BEFORE “Welcome to HENkaku” pops up

Press “OK” and see if the browser crashes again, if it crashes more than three times in a row, you can quit the browser (Press the PS button and swipe the LiveArea page from the top right corner or hold the “O” or “X” button depending on your region). Then you can re-attempt installation.

The web browser crashes and an error report dialog appears AFTER “Welcome to HENkaku” pops up

Press “OK” and try again. If this happens more than three times in a row, you should reboot the system and try again.

The device freezes or reboots after trying to install

The installation has failed. Make sure you have a memory card inserted with at least 10MB of free space. If the device froze, hold the power button for 15 seconds to manually power off the device and then press the power button again to restart the device. You can then attempt to install again.

You need a memory card inserted even when using HENkaku with devices that come with built in memory, such as PS Vita Slim and PS TV.

The web browser automatically closed after installation

That is the expected behavior. HENkaku should now be installed. You can launch homebrew applications including molecularShell (see usage directions below).

The screen becomes black after the installation

Press the home/PS button and close the browser manually. Installation should be successful.

Well now after successfully hacking your PS Vita (Installing MolecularShell bubble) you might be wondering how to install homebrews... You must have read at most posts that all Rejuvenate homebrews are supported, I would like to clarify... Not all are supported but the ones that have been updated to .vpk format can only be installed. Now here's how you install homebrews....

1) Install a FTP Client in your PC (I use FileZilla due to the reccomendation of HENkaku)

2) Download a homebrew of your choice (MUST HAVE .VPK extension)

3) Open the molecularShell bubble in your Vita and press SELECT button.

4) Connect to the IP address shown (IP:PORT) on the screen of your Vita. If using Filezilla just type the address at the Host place and the port at the port area and click quick connect.

5) Now locate the .vpk file downloaded on your computer.

6) Copy it to /ux0:/ on your Vita through FTP

7) Now press Circle on your Vita to close the FTP connection and navigate to UX0:/ and locate the .vpk file and open it to install

8) ENJOYYY!!
Advertising
Last edited by 5ham5h33r on Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
mahalnimark

Re: Installing HENkaku and Homebrew (3.60)

Post by mahalnimark »

sorry for being noob, can you teach me how to put/place/install roms? im currently using Snes9xVita and GenesisPlusGxVita? TIA!
Advertising
5ham5h33r

Re: Installing HENkaku and Homebrew (3.60)

Post by 5ham5h33r »

Just put the roms using FTP to the data folder of the vita

Return to “Tutorials”