Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to get the PSM Unity Dev Assistant on all firmwares

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
Killua

How to get the PSM Unity Dev Assistant on all firmwares

Post by Killua »

Hi guys, with the possibility of PSM Unity Dev Assistant being compatible with the Rejuvenate hack, here are the ways to get it depending on what firmware you're on.

First grab the pkg of PSM Unity Dev Assistant https://mega.co.nz/#!XV0jSSrB!41d0KzWjw ... n0me1UnabU
Then the patch according to your firmware
3.15 - 3.18 : https://mega.co.nz/#!DttyWBaS!oj3jB-yCa ... VEq2v0hLHY
3.30+ : https://mega.co.nz/#!L9NXnAKY!t6eOo5jMa ... K4SCRHbpws
I don't know if another update is needed above 3.30, so correct me if there is.

Now to install it

3.18 and below :
We will install the pkgs via package installer
- You need QCMA to install pkg : https://github.com/xiannox/qcma/wiki
- Right click on QCMA/Settings/Other, check "Offline mode" if not checked, an in "CMA Protocol selection" select Manual then select your version in "CMA Protocol version" (3.10 for 3.15 and 3.18 for example)
- Put the pkgs in the path indicated under QCMA settings/Folders/Packages and refresh database by right clicking on QCMA then "Refresh database"
- Get the package installer here
- Open the email you just received, and launch package installer
- Install PSM Unity Dev Assistant
- For 3.15 and above install the update for your firmware

3.30-3.51 :
- If you have the PSM Unity Dev Assistant in your download list, I think you can install it via Charles Proxy trick, but I'm not sure so if someone can confirm it...
- If you have access to another PSVita with package installer on it, you can install it by transferring it via CMA Backup
- If you don't have a PS3 or another PSVita, see this tutorial (thanks YumYumOfTheYum) or this video tutorial (thanks Renniej)

If anything is wrong, feel free to correct me.
Advertising
Last edited by Killua on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
scarfaceguns93

Re: How to get the PSM Unity Dev Assistant

Post by scarfaceguns93 »

Is there any chance of the upcoming methods to work on 3.52 or without needing to be signed into psn? i can't seem to sign in atm without updating even with vita update blocker running

edit: nvm managed to fix it somehow and kinda forgot that sony patched psm in 3.52.
Advertising
Last edited by scarfaceguns93 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Killua

Post by Killua »

scarfaceguns93 wrote:Is there any chance of the upcoming methods to work on 3.52 or without needing to be signed into psn? i can't seem to sign in atm without updating even with vita update blocker running
No, Rejuvenate was patched in 3.52 :
http://wololo.net/2015/06/24/ps-vita-fi ... ot-update/
Xana

Post by Xana »

Used charles proxy to get psm dev for unity onto my ps3, but i get "this content has expired or belongs to another player" when I try and transfer it to my vita (the ps3 and vita are on the same account) :/
DarkkDante

Post by DarkkDante »

Hey thank you!! I can confirm that this worked for me on 3.18 following your instructions to a T. i actually tried updating myself before i saw your post, and I must have had the original pkg only because i got the successful install, but the app wouldn't run without updating to 3.30, with the update you provided i got Unity devapp running, all the way to the screen saying my dev license couldn't be confirmed (i didn't get one) but if i understand right, the release of psm+ should fix this :D anyways, thanks again! very helpful post!!
Killua

Post by Killua »

Xana wrote:Used charles proxy to get psm dev for unity onto my ps3, but i get "this content has expired or belongs to another player" when I try and transfer it to my vita (the ps3 and vita are on the same account) :/
You need to have PSM Unity Dev Assistant in your download list
DarkkDante wrote:Hey thank you!! I can confirm that this worked for me on 3.18 following your instructions to a T. i actually tried updating myself before i saw your post, and I must have had the original pkg only because i got the successful install, but the app wouldn't run without updating to 3.30, with the update you provided i got Unity devapp running, all the way to the screen saying my dev license couldn't be confirmed (i didn't get one) but if i understand right, the release of psm+ should fix this :D anyways, thanks again! very helpful post!!
Glad I could help :)
Xana

Post by Xana »

Killua wrote:
Xana wrote:Used charles proxy to get psm dev for unity onto my ps3, but i get "this content has expired or belongs to another player" when I try and transfer it to my vita (the ps3 and vita are on the same account) :/
You need to have PSM Unity Dev Assistant in your download list
How would I go about doing that? I don't think I ever did anything special when I did this for the normal dev assistant. Plus, I thought it was DRM-free?
eore227

Post by eore227 »

Hey this worked for me on 3.18. However I connected to unity on airplane mode and it said can't establish a license. Are we suppose to turn on wifi now and let it connect or just ignore that for right now????? Whoo hoo this tutorial works just follow it and you will get it no problem.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

You should update OP to include the PS3 trick for those who can't use the PKG installer, or Charles Proxy. AFAIK Charles Proxy ONLY works with FW 3.51. As certs expire on old FW.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
shikhar.tiwari

Post by shikhar.tiwari »

Great ! Was able to successfully install Unity on my 3.18 Vita. First I installed the base package which was 26,981 kb . After that I tried installing the update for 3.18 FW ( 75,160 kb ) but it failed so I tried installing the update for 3.50 ( 27,365 kb ) which installed ! After this I tried installing the 3.18 update for the Unity and it also installed. Bit weird , maybe I used the wrong links or interchanged them...? Anyways now I have unity installed which is on version 4.3.4.2 and I hope this is what was required as a prerequisite for PSM Plus . After Unity started , I got the error code " Playstation Mobile Developer's License could not be confirmed " as my Vita was on flight mode . I never installed PSM Developer Assistant or registered for anything before installing Unity , that's why.
Hopefully, I can also be a part of the Rejuvinate community later on.

Thanks !

Return to “Tutorials”