Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Need help taking screenshots in TN-V on the Vita

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
suzy_k

Need help taking screenshots in TN-V on the Vita

Post by suzy_k »

Hi guys, I hope you can help me out. I'm trying to take screenshots in TN-V (firmware 3.10, Numblast exploit) but nothing is working. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, and I hope you guys can help me.

In the exploit's folder (http://i.imgur.com/p1raT2x.jpg), I've got the .zip of the plugin, which contains a folder (http://i.imgur.com/gwUpTay.jpg) called 'seplugins' inside of it. This seplugins folder has the prxshot folder with the actual files for the program inside it. I've got GAME.TXT, VSH.TXT and POPS.TXT, which all contain the single line: ms0:/seplugins/prxshot_png_mod/prxshot_png_mod.prx 1

I install the .zip via TN-V's recovery menu (under 'Plugins', then 'Plugin installer'), set the NOTE buttons in the Advanced menu to Left Trigger (L) + Start, make sure the plugins (GAME, POPS, VSH) are all enabled, but I still can't take any screenshots!

Under 'Photo', two folders show up: XMB and capture, so I know the plugin is installed... I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. :S
Advertising
GonnaGetPSVita

Re: Need help taking screenshots in TN-V on the Vita

Post by GonnaGetPSVita »

Yeah it sucks Sony didn't allow screenshot of Video App and PSP Emu :(
Advertising
- PSVita 3G / 32GB
- PSVita Wifi / 64GB
- Wacom Cintiq 13HD
- AKG K701
suzy_k

Re: Need help taking screenshots in TN-V on the Vita

Post by suzy_k »

EDIT: I tried again and got it working, this time both in games and in TN-V itself. The screenshot freezes the game for a bit (understandably), and I get the red denial symbol when I try to exit out of the Numblast app when it takes a screenshot, which is how I know it's actually working. On the PSP the plugin would flash the screen white to let you know.

In the VSH Menu, I have VSH, GAME and POPS enabled. In the recovery menu (which I can't take screenshots off), I have VSH, GAME and POPS all enabled. Under 'Advanced configuration', I have NOTE buttons 1 and 2 set to L and Start respectively... which is weird because I've been taking screenshots with the left and right triggers this whole time! Once again, the plugins underneath NOTE are enabled. Annoyingly, all of my screenshots end up in both TN-V's photo app as well as the Vita's native gallery. I'll have to remember to delete the former.

Return to “Tutorials”