Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial] Installing PSM

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Re: [Tutorial] Installing PSM

Post by hgoel0974 »

Sunwind wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:Oh, it's SDK 0.99, you need to compile the code for the latest SDK version, is this app you're talking about open source?
The link to the app is in that thread, I don't know if it's open source, and being a spanish-speaking forum doesn't help, why, would you be able to fix the app if you had the source? I could register and try and contact the guy with google translate.
Yes, if the app were open source, getting it to run on newer versions would involve changing a few things in the source code.
Advertising
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
Sunwind

Post by Sunwind »

hgoel0974 wrote:
Sunwind wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:Oh, it's SDK 0.99, you need to compile the code for the latest SDK version, is this app you're talking about open source?
The link to the app is in that thread, I don't know if it's open source, and being a spanish-speaking forum doesn't help, why, would you be able to fix the app if you had the source? I could register and try and contact the guy with google translate.
Yes, if the app were open source, getting it to run on newer versions would involve changing a few things in the source code.
Are you referring specifically to the android app, or the package that gets sent/loaded to the Vita itself (or both?)

Either way, that's great. I sent the guy a message about it. I can't believe this seems to be quite an unknown thing, being able to cast your phone with all it's emulators/roms to the Vitas screen is pretty amazing.
Advertising
Sunwind

Post by Sunwind »

Hello, the problem is that Sony continues to publish this type of application in the PSM Store and you can not share the package for anyone to install. I am currently looking for a method but I doubt the relaunch. Now prefer to focus 100% on the 3D FPS for PS Vita. Greetings.
Looks like a pipe dream now I suppose unless someone else starts from scratch. I'm no expert but it seemed his implementation of it was pretty bad and resulted in a lot of input / stream delay, wouldn't be that bad on a home local network would it instead of doing whatever the heck he was doing through a dynamic dns?
pspfanMOHH

Post by pspfanMOHH »

Sunwind wrote:
Hello, the problem is that Sony continues to publish this type of application in the PSM Store and you can not share the package for anyone to install. I am currently looking for a method but I doubt the relaunch. Now prefer to focus 100% on the 3D FPS for PS Vita. Greetings.
Looks like a pipe dream now I suppose unless someone else starts from scratch. I'm no expert but it seemed his implementation of it was pretty bad and resulted in a lot of input / stream delay, wouldn't be that bad on a home local network would it instead of doing whatever the heck he was doing through a dynamic dns?
The port forwarding is not for allowing connection. This thread is based on assuming that you are using your vita with a PSM app to connect to something within your localhost. If thats the case then you do not need to worry about Dynamic DNS. So the streaming delay is CPU problems or possibly the APP's. Other then that if your trying to connect to another IP(host) and that has a router make sure to portforward via http://192.168.1.1 via that IP's host(internet) also, so it allows the connection.

OP: Sorry for lack of activity I am a little busy IRL. Next month I will be active again.
10 years young!
ryuzen

Post by ryuzen »

Hi guys here, so i want to try remote desktop vita

when i am going to run app with psvita, it say i must generate PSM APP keyring

so i absolutely need to purchase psm publishing license to able run this remote desktop app on vita?
Tutorials :)
- Download Vita Games Using IDM from PC : http://goo.gl/YFoFSK
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

ryuzen wrote:so i absolutely need to purchase psm publishing license to able run this remote desktop app on vita?
Yes and like I said in the other thread, it's free.
ryuzen

Post by ryuzen »

SMOKE wrote:
ryuzen wrote:so i absolutely need to purchase psm publishing license to able run this remote desktop app on vita?
so btw im trying to apply for the publisher license

but i got stuck when i try to enter the postal code

i entered 10021 (manhattan ny) but it didnt work? what?

said "Postcode (no hyphens or spaces)"

so.. what i supposed to enter here?

btw im faking my address lol
Tutorials :)
- Download Vita Games Using IDM from PC : http://goo.gl/YFoFSK
J3LACK.EAGLE

Post by J3LACK.EAGLE »

ryuzen wrote:
SMOKE wrote:
so btw im trying to apply for the publisher license

but i got stuck when i try to enter the postal code

i entered 10021 (manhattan ny) but it didnt work? what?

said "Postcode (no hyphens or spaces)"

so.. what i supposed to enter here?

btw im faking my address lol
I had trouble with that too, you don't have to fake your address...why would you and you're making money? lookup postal codes on google, that's what I did

Return to “Tutorials”