Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial] Installing PSM

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Re: [Tutorial] Installing PSM

Post by hgoel0974 »

Oh, right, a publisher licence is different from a dev licence, you don't have to pay for it though. You can apply for it at the PSM Dev Portal
Advertising
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
Sunwind

Post by Sunwind »

hgoel0974 wrote:Oh, right, a publisher licence is different from a dev licence, you don't have to pay for it though. You can apply for it at the PSM Dev Portal
You sure it's free?

I just applied and;

Code: Select all

Request Accepted

We have received your application to purchase a PSM Publisher License. You will be notified by email once approved. Please wait.
Advertising
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

Yeah, you used to have to pay but they waived the licence fee. Just wait for your application to get approved and you'll be able to generate your publisher key.
Sunwind

Post by Sunwind »

hgoel0974 wrote:Yeah, you used to have to pay but they waived the licence fee. Just wait for your application to get approved and you'll be able to generate your publisher key.
Ah ok thanks a lot.

Once I've set this up, will it allow me to install PSV_Android_Controller_patopt.psdp? Or do I need a third party tool for that? (VitaCOM, and others I've tried) don't seem to work :(

Thanks again.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

yes, you'll be able to install it.
Sunwind

Post by Sunwind »

hgoel0974 wrote:yes, you'll be able to install it.
Seems not;

PSV_Android_Controller_patopt_vAlpha SDK 099.psdp

for SDK .99 :(
And the android app itself is broken. I was really looking forward to using my Vita as a handheld gaming device to run emulators off my Nexus 5 :(

I used TransVita to finally get a connection and it did allow me to load the psdp and run it, it said successful, but nothing appeared on the Vita's screen, so I guess it needs to be updated for SDK 1.0, as well as the app - I don't suppose you know of any alternatives to this?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

you need the PSM app on the Vita
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Sunwind

Post by Sunwind »

fate6 wrote:you need the PSM app on the Vita
Yeah, I have it. I load the app, make the connection, and send the file, it says success but nothing appears on the vita, and when I run it nothing happens either. I don't know if the original creator is going to update it and fix the app, but it was originally posted in 2012 here ; http://psneo.com/programacion-ps-vita-1 ... 9-a-28885/

Maybe someone else could have a go? Would modifying his file be possible at all? I suppose the real problem is the need for a decent app for the phone.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

Oh, it's SDK 0.99, you need to compile the code for the latest SDK version, is this app you're talking about open source?
Sunwind

Post by Sunwind »

hgoel0974 wrote:Oh, it's SDK 0.99, you need to compile the code for the latest SDK version, is this app you're talking about open source?
The link to the app is in that thread, I don't know if it's open source, and being a spanish-speaking forum doesn't help, why, would you be able to fix the app if you had the source? I could register and try and contact the guy with google translate.

Return to “Tutorials”