Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Shall I buy a PS4 for 160 $ ?

Everything that is PS4-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
g-dog

Shall I buy a PS4 for 160 $ ?

Post by g-dog »

I recently found a cheap PS4. The seller said the console worked fine when he bought it and after sitting around collecting dust he decided to sell it. To his surprise he found out that the console needed an upgrade when he decided to start it up. Can I fix it ? Because he said that the console needs service. That's the reason he sells it for 160 $. He showed me this :
http://www.4shared.com/photo/LBTrHbQMce/2_online.html
http://www.4shared.com/photo/k16l4KyCba/1_online.html
I uploaded the photos to my 4shared account.
Any clues ? Should I buy it ?
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Shall I buy a PS4 for 160 $ ?

Post by fate6 »

Its a dev PS4, Its useless if you just want to play games on it but sure go nuts.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
g-dog

Post by g-dog »

Well if so what can I do with it ?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

I assume thats a TEST kit so its meant to run debug versions of games to ensure they function correctly on regular hardware since the full dev units are actually a tad different then the retails.
The big problem is that the PS4 kits(and Vita) need to be "activated" every couple of months, SCE did this so even if studios sold the kits(which is against their contract mind you) the kits would be useless.

In its unactivated state it can't do anything, It can't run games or connect online, And even if you managed to somehow activate it you have a second problem that is updating it, they don't update off SCE servers like retails do, You need to login to Sony's dev site and download the update pups from there. Now I think the PS4 kits can actually run retail games which is cool but again to do that it must be activated.

Oh and the reason you would want to keep it updated is just like retails if a game wants a newer firmware it wont run.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Z80

Post by Z80 »

iam interested in buying this(if fw is realy 1.501) if you dont want to buy (its probably useless for you) give me contact via PM :)
PixelButts

Post by PixelButts »

g-dog wrote:Well if so what can I do with it ?
A testkit is virtually worthless at the moment (I own one, activated, so take my word for it)

160 is nice for a price for that thing, but it will end up collecting dust.

If you can PM me regarding it, I can explain further on what you can and cant do. I HIGHLY ADVISE you do buy it, as I am willing to buy it off you to send to a specific scene member working on PS4 stuff.
ANDREJWM

Post by ANDREJWM »

Very interesting read guys!! you learn something new everyday
g-dog

Post by g-dog »

That PS4 got sold by the time I was preparing to chat with the guy so I bought a Samsung laptop with 222 $.
Specs :
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-2630 QM CPU
Upgraded DDR3 8192 MB RAM (x2 4gb chips)
120 gb SSD with GTA5 installed, runs SMOOTHLY
I'm running low on space, but I don't care :P
2 integrated Graphic cards:
Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX
New Battery
Charger
Windows rating
Processor : 7.2
Ram : 7.5
Graphics : 4.8
Gaming graphics : 6.5