Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

An incomplete solution to use PS3 controllers/sticks on PS4

Everything that is PS4-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
xiaomingtc

An incomplete solution to use PS3 controllers/sticks on PS4

Post by xiaomingtc »

Well, if you read throughout this thread you will find this method supports a much wider selection of controllers.

The basic idea is simple: use remote play ported to android supported cellphones/bluestacks and plugin the controller you like, done.

In practical, this requires a little bit more delicate adjust since the remote play app is not smart enough to recognize all the controller inputs correctly even android does so(If you were Sony you would also make it this way right?).

If this happen to your controller, what you need then is an app that reassigns the input of your controller. I tried Tincore Keymapper, which can be found on Google play store. It works well, but it requires a rooted device(and I guess this is the case for every such app).

There are a lot of tutorials for this Tincore Keymapper app so I won't repeat everything here. One thing I want to say (while many tutorials did not explicitly say) is if this keymapper doesn't recognize your controller while android itself does, then you need to enable permissive mode. You can google what this means in the case you don't know, quite simpe, download an app and then nothing but one click.

Why I say the method is incomplete:

The lag is a serious problem here (especially if you are doing this for the incoming street fighters V beta, like me lol). Adjust the remote play app to disable the sound and graphic might make the things run smoother but I don't know programming so I donno how difficult to do this.

I did not post any links here because none of the apps I mentioned were made by me and none were guaranteed to be safe. I gave the name so you can google them and use them on your own risk.

Sorry for poor English.

I came up with this method when eagerly seeking a way to use arcade stick for PS4 (and I'm too poor to affort a new one, unfortunately). If someone has already posted the same (or similar) things here feel free to delete this thread and please be kind to PM me.
Advertising

Return to “General”