Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Gamesharing on the PS4 -- Possible?

News and rumors about the PS4
S1NFUL

Gamesharing on the PS4 -- Possible?

Post by S1NFUL »

So a question has been troubling me a lot in the past...5 minutes. Will gamesharing (and inherently, account sharing) be possible on the PS4? And if so, will it follow the same traditions and rules as gamesharing on the PS3 ? I, personally, am not a fan of gamesharing (as it takes away rightful money from the creators of the game and Sony), but gamesharing isn't always a bad thing either. For instance, let's say you have 2 PS4s in your family, and both share the same account. Would you say that the family should rightfully be entitled to download a game that they bought with their money on both of their consoles?
Advertising
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
Tonakai

Re: Gamesharing on the PS4 -- Possible?

Post by Tonakai »

I'm not sure about the gamesharing option with the PS4 - I can recall some information on it though not enough to make an accurate conclusion. Google also doesn't know the answer, so for the moment I'd say that it's anyone's guess really.

With regards to gamesharing; I do agree that it can be abused and developers can lose out on money that they should rightfully have, but if you purchase a game and simply wish to share it between household consoles; I certainly have nothing against that at all. Also with the emphasis on digital purchases these days, Gamesharing is certainly an incentive. Also, when you purchase a hard copy of a game, you can play it on any console and in my opinion a digital copy should not be limited either. You purchased the game and therefore should have access to it, adding a limitation there wouldn't really make Sony any more fans and could theoretically lose them even more money. Then again, we all know how Sony do love to repetedly shoot themselves in the feet. :roll:
Advertising
Jd8531

Re: Gamesharing on the PS4 -- Possible?

Post by Jd8531 »

You're trolling right? :P
There's no way to know until it gets released. Assuming they take the same measures as the Vita, it won't be possible. Unless they take the Xbox route with license transferring and what not. I agree it's stupid to not allow it. They see it as just a means to piracy sadly.

Return to “News and Rumors”