Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

moving psx iso to iso folder in ark?

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
udo4ever

moving psx iso to iso folder in ark?

Post by udo4ever »

HI, I have never used ark or its related psp version before, hence the following question. I would like to know i there is a way to transfer my iso files into the ms0/iso folder once I transfer it via open cma. In the TN-C exploit this was easily done with the default menu because when you clicked on the newly transfered game it asked you if you wanted to transfer it. Is there a similar function in the default menu for ARK? Can we do this without using an FTP program?
Thanks for your answer!
Advertising
eighthdayregret

Re: moving psx iso to iso folder in ark?

Post by eighthdayregret »

udo4ever wrote:HI, I have never used ark or its related psp version before, hence the following question. I would like to know i there is a way to transfer my iso files into the ms0/iso folder once I transfer it via open cma. In the TN-C exploit this was easily done with the default menu because when you clicked on the newly transfered game it asked you if you wanted to transfer it. Is there a similar function in the default menu for ARK? Can we do this without using an FTP program?
Thanks for your answer!
Maybe not exactly the same way, but PSPFiler will do what you're wanting to.
The only forseeable problem, really, is that you need to have AT LEAST twice the space the game takes up available to do the copying.
The FTP prog is the way to go, though, since you can use Windows Explorer and just drag-and-drop .ISOs where you want them to go.
Advertising
Vita WiFi/3G - 8GB - 32GB - OFW 3.36 - PS+
GoW PSP-2000 - 2GB - 8GB - 2x16GB - 2x16GB - 6.61 ME-2.3
udo4ever

Post by udo4ever »

thanks for your reply. I'll be sure to use pspfiler.

I do have another question. i am trying to run a psx iso I have from a legit copy of a psx game that I own. I put the iso in the ms0/iso folder under the ARK exploit. I then try to access the iso from pymenu but the file refuses to load. When I press the x button pymenu does nothing. What am I doing wrong. How can I load psx games using ARK?
eighthdayregret

Post by eighthdayregret »

udo4ever wrote:thanks for your reply. I'll be sure to use pspfiler.

I do have another question. i am trying to run a psx iso I have from a legit copy of a psx game that I own. I put the iso in the ms0/iso folder under the ARK exploit. I then try to access the iso from pymenu but the file refuses to load. When I press the x button pymenu does nothing. What am I doing wrong. How can I load psx games using ARK?
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't just put a PSX .ISO file on your memory card and have it load.
You need to create an EBOOT.PBP out of it using PSX2PSP or similar program, put it in a folder with a name in all caps, no more than 8 characters long (just to be safe), then copy it to ms0:/PSP/GAME using PSPFiler or VitaFTP.
Vita WiFi/3G - 8GB - 32GB - OFW 3.36 - PS+
GoW PSP-2000 - 2GB - 8GB - 2x16GB - 2x16GB - 6.61 ME-2.3
udo4ever

Post by udo4ever »

Thanks this worked perfectly! Your help was much appreciated mate!
mvpcrossxover

Post by mvpcrossxover »

patapon 3 works on ARK.
interesting..............
udo4ever

Post by udo4ever »

yes it does indeed work.

I also figured out how to get homebrew on ARK. This might be old news to some in the know but for those who are new to this, the proceedure is a little different then the TN-C exploit.

For those who don't know how to do this I will write a short guide.
1. find a homebrew (i.e. Doxmanager)
2. download it off the net.
3. Just like TN-C you will need to zip the folder. However, unlike TN-C's exploit there is no need to follow the file structure (psp/game/Doxmanager/EBoot) All you need to do is have a Zip with the folder structure is Doxmanager/Eboot. That is all. Make sure everything is in capital letters including the extension
4. place the homebrew in a savedata folder OTHER than the folder where you have your UNO/Urbanix/Monster Hunter exploit. In my case I used the psp game save of final fantasy tactics.
5. use open cma to copy the savedata from this game (i.e. final fantasy tactics)
6. Start the exploit and in the menu navigate to the folder name were you put the homebrew (i.e. for final fantasy tactics it was ULUS10297FFT0000).
7. If you did everything right you should see a zip file. select it with x and it will ask you if you would like to install it. Say yes. your done.

Note: if you keep the file structure psp/game/homebrew/eboot in your zip file then when you install it in the menu you will find that homebrew is now under the same file tree (ie. psp/game/psp/game/homebrew) this is why I said to not follow the same structure in step 3.

For ISO/CSO you need to follow the same steps above. Make sure the title of your iso/cso is all in capital and less then 7 letters. put it in your savegame (Other then the savegame used for your exploit) and use open cma to transfer it. If you want to move your iso/cso to the mso/iso folder you can use doxmanager to do this.

I hope this helps

edit: I started a new thread with these instructions to make it easier for people to find this...

Return to “ARK”