Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

4.84.2 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) PSX-PLACE not installing

Everything that is PS3-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
solidsnake

4.84.2 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) PSX-PLACE not installing

Post by solidsnake »

Hello, my PS3 is the original PS2 backwards compatible system that was first released. It is a: PS3 PHAT CECHA01 60 GB with firmware 4.84.
Han Miniweb firmware checker reported my that my lowest possible firmware is 1.00:

When I follow the PSX-PLACE tutorial and the video describing how to install 4.84.2 HFW, my PS3 will copy the firmware just fine but on the next screen where it says 'Checking...' it will say 'The latest firmware is already installed, there is no need to update'

HFW will install in safe mode no problem but when it reboots, it will show that its NOT installed. System software version still says 4.84.
I also tried installing HFW after restoring the PS3 system and formatting its HDD with no luck.

Is there a step that I am missing or something I don't know? Or is my PS3 just not compatible?
Or, did the HFW install correctly without giving any indication?
Thank You!

Then i followed the ps3exploit tutorial for installing han exploit. The ps3 freezes when I click han installer in the browser window and has to be turned off by holding down the ps3 system power button.
Its strange how my ps3 console is super compatible with this exploit, but It does not work?
Advertising
dmaskell92

Re: 4.84.2 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) PSX-PLACE not installing

Post by dmaskell92 »

For me it doesn't say HFW or anything it just works. You may have to install it twice, I read that somewhere I think.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
solidsnake

Post by solidsnake »

dmaskell92 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:00 am For me it doesn't say HFW or anything it just works. You may have to install it twice, I read that somewhere I think.
I installed it twice in safe mode. I have tried to install han installer two different ways and tried putting my usb stick in all of the usb ports (my ps3 has four) and tried selecting usb000, usb001, and usb0006 on the han installer page. I have followed several written and video tutorials as well and I am familiar with this type of thing, but I am not knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot. If my Phat Ps3 has 4 usb ports for example, which one is the developer port and is that the usb000? I have turned java off and han installer does nothing, when I turned java back on, my the screen freezes and my ps3 has to be hard shutdown. And then restarted with it checking the file system because of a bad shutdown.

I am always really successful when i follow online tutorials but this has got me stuck.

Thanks for the reply
Kagomeko

Post by Kagomeko »

solidsnake wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 pmHFW will install in safe mode no problem but when it reboots, it will show that its NOT installed. System software version still says 4.84.
HFW is not a CFW. It’s an OFW with some files replaced with those from a previous version, most notably, it has the WebKit plugin from 4.82 with the bug that the exploit uses. The system reports the firmware as "4.84" without any suffixes. All the files are Sony-signed. No modifications have been done to them. The installer package has been exploited here.
solidsnake wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:25 am I have tried to install han installer two different ways and tried putting my usb stick in all of the usb ports (my ps3 has four) and tried selecting usb000, usb001, and usb0006 on the han installer page. I have followed several written and video tutorials as well and I am familiar with this type of thing, but I am not knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot. If my Phat Ps3 has 4 usb ports for example, which one is the developer port and is that the usb000? I have turned java off and han installer does nothing, when I turned java back on, my the screen freezes and my ps3 has to be hard shutdown. And then restarted with it checking the file system because of a bad shutdown.
Try using the HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper (http://ps3xploit.com/hfw/han/actidps_dumper.html) to check the USB path and write back if you got any files on the USB device.

The exploit is in JavaScript, it needs to be on.

When does it freeze? What happens, exactly?

Anyway, this exploit does not always load. It’s best to run it right after rebooting and go straight to the exploit page. Clearing the cache could help, too.

Return to “General”