Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[HELP]Playing with Aldostools etc etc

Everything that is PS3-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
nyak00

[HELP]Playing with Aldostools etc etc

Post by nyak00 »

Hello!

I'm new to PS3 hacking, I have a ps3 CECH-25XX installed with 4.55 Rogero, no ODE on my console..

I just recently discovered this aldostools, my question is, can I...

1. Change the PS3 game's region with the said tool through param.sfo and also..
2. Change the game's storage like making it an "HG - Hard Drive Game" so that it doesn't need to install large sized game data and play it discless?
3. Change the game's required firmware, cuz I buy now my own games.. Games like COD: AW needed FW4.65..

And also is Rogero really retired? I think his CFW is the best of them, and do I really need to go to CFW 4.65 and if then what's the best alternative?

Thanks so much!!
Advertising
bodega

Re: [HELP]Playing with Aldostools etc etc

Post by bodega »

nyak00 wrote:Hello!

I'm new to PS3 hacking, I have a ps3 CECH-25XX installed with 4.55 Rogero, no ODE on my console..

I just recently discovered this aldostools, my question is, can I...

1. Change the PS3 game's region with the said tool through param.sfo and also..
2. Change the game's storage like making it an "HG - Hard Drive Game" so that it doesn't need to install large sized game data and play it discless?
3. Change the game's required firmware, cuz I buy now my own games.. Games like COD: AW needed FW4.65..

And also is Rogero really retired? I think his CFW is the best of them, and do I really need to go to CFW 4.65 and if then what's the best alternative?

Thanks so much!!
1. Changing games region (changing title id) is useless. If you want to play your game in another language you must buy the correct version of your game.
2. HG is for pkg installed game, changing category id inside param.sfo of a backup doesnt affect nothing, maybe the game doesn't appear in xmb.
3. To play 4.65 games on 4.55 you must to modify the firmware in param.sfo, but you also need to resign eboot.bin and eventually other sprx files. Just update to 4.65 cfw.

Rogero is really retired from the scene, but there are also other great dev, joonie, habib and alexander.
Advertising
sorry 4 my bad english :)

Follow me on Twitter erBodega
nyak00

Post by nyak00 »

bodega wrote:
1. Changing games region (changing title id) is useless. If you want to play your game in another language you must buy the correct version of your game.
2. HG is for pkg installed game, changing category id inside param.sfo of a backup doesnt affect nothing, maybe the game doesn't appear in xmb.
3. To play 4.65 games on 4.55 you must to modify the firmware in param.sfo, but you also need to resign eboot.bin and eventually other sprx files. Just update to 4.65 cfw.

Rogero is really retired from the scene, but there are also other great dev, joonie, habib and alexander.
Thanks, the reason I want to change region is that my I can't go online with my ps3 since it's on CFW and I'll just use the available DLCs / DLC unlockers on the internet, sometimes I have bought an asian game but the available DLCs are for US region.. For me, most DLCs suck and are blatant cash grab anyways..

Though newer games are now 4.65, Multiman will still ask if I want to play my games for my current firmware and they'll somewhat play(sometimes it's just black screen especially with COD: AW and I need to reboot my PS3)

What's the best next to rogero with those devs

Thanks!!
nyak00

Post by nyak00 »

I just wanna know if it is also possible to convert .PKG game into a full disc game. As I have bought Assassin's Creed Heritage Collection, 5 AC games on 1 disc, 4 of 'em on .pkg format..

For example, Assassin's Creed II has DLCs but the one I bought doesn't have and has a game ID of NPEB00462 and the DLCs on the internet are available for BLUS30364..

I want to convert the package file to CD game and change the region..

Or is it possible to make the DLC compatible to my game's region?

Thanks!!!
bodega

Post by bodega »

nyak00 wrote:I just wanna know if it is also possible to convert .PKG game into a full disc game. As I have bought Assassin's Creed Heritage Collection, 5 AC games on 1 disc, 4 of 'em on .pkg format..

For example, Assassin's Creed II has DLCs but the one I bought doesn't have and has a game ID of NPEB00462 and the DLCs on the internet are available for BLUS30364..

I want to convert the package file to CD game and change the region..

Or is it possible to make the DLC compatible to my game's region?

Thanks!!!
It is possible to convert psn pkg game to disc game (the package you have on disc are the same that is downloadable from the store), but the compatibility is too small. Only few games work but im sure that your game wont work, because all the "full" games that i have tried doesnt work (with full games i intended games that are disponible either as disc and as download; only limbo and similar psn games only works). The tool is 3k3y iso tool.

Maybe it is possible to make the dlc work, but the best way is to download the right version (i say download because you have already bought the game, so you have a license for that game and it is not warez), then install the dlc. If you want try to install the dlc on your game, install the dlc BLUS30364 then copy all the content (without param.sfo and maybe other files) inside the NPEB00462 folder.

Remember to not ask warez thing ;)
sorry 4 my bad english :)

Follow me on Twitter erBodega
nyak00

Post by nyak00 »

oh yeah, I almost forgot why I even started this thread.. It's regarding the AC Heritage Collection.. I can't play the .pkg games without the original disc, even if the games are installed directly to the hard drive it needs the original disc popped in. is there a way to play the said .pkg games without the original disc in? Like any other games via multiman, that only needs a dummy disc inserted..

Thanks!!

Return to “General”