Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS1 Loader Compatibility Thread

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
reprep

Re: PS1 Loader Compatibility Thread

Post by reprep »

Here is something fishy. i am playing crash bandicoot 1 using PS1 loader. At the 7th stage (stage after defeating Papu Papu), i go to the bonus stage collecting that 3 girl faces or whatever they are. after going to the end of the bonus stage, i go to the portal. as usual the game should go to the save screen, but the game just freezes. i mean music continues to play etc. but Crash Bandicoot isn't on the screen. i waited about 1 minute, nothing changed. i had to restart XS moto. this happened 2 times.

after that i tried the game within TN-V10. At the same place, save screen appeared and i could save, continue etc.

can anyone test this? the game is from us psn store pkg, i am at firmware 3.18, using XS Moto as PS1 launcher.

also i saw tiny stutters here and there just after saving the game (or reaching the memory card to be more correct.) in other games too, this behaviour might be related to this crash too, since the crash happens just before reaching memory card to save. But it hasn't happened on the save screens on previous levels, just at 7th level.
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

RE2 still not working, i tried also 0 compression. RE3 seems to work with 0 compression AND B.A.D. Patch (without it, it doesn't work).
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
darijchuk

Post by darijchuk »

Here are some games (converted manually) I tried via XS Moto on 3.18:

Wipeout XL
and
Pink Panther Pinkadelic Pursuit

both worked fine, but without music.

Quake 2 works great, even the hacked russian Platinum version.
Doom runs great, only without intro music and intermission music. Just as it was mentioned in the pops compatibility list. Level music plays fine.
Lost Vikings 2 works great.
The games I got from ps store: Gex and Resident Evil 2, both work great.

Is there any issue with CDDA music?
PSP E1004 - 6.60 LME 2.2 + POPSLOADER v3
PS VITA 32Gb US - 3.18 + TN-V10(TTT) + XSMoto (US)
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

fate6 wrote:Mega Man X4 and Digimon World 2003 work
Darn forgot the regions.

Mega Man X4 - US
Digiman World 2003 - EU
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
reprep

Post by reprep »

darijchuk wrote:Here are some games (converted manually) I tried via XS Moto on 3.18:

Wipeout XL
and
Pink Panther Pinkadelic Pursuit

both worked fine, but without music.

Quake 2 works great, even the hacked russian Platinum version.
Doom runs great, only without intro music and intermission music. Just as it was mentioned in the pops compatibility list. Level music plays fine.
Lost Vikings 2 works great.
The games I got from ps store: Gex and Resident Evil 2, both work great.

Is there any issue with CDDA music?
Vita POPS doesn't support CDDA music, that explains the problems of Wipeout XL and Doom. Does Pink Panther Pinkadelic Pursuit have CDDA audio too? it is not on this list, but wiki isn't the best source for these kind of lists. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pl ... dio_tracks

also what region are these games?
gregar1000

Post by gregar1000 »

Resident Evil 2 (Dualshock) EU working fine.... forgot how good this game is!
chihuahua

Post by chihuahua »

Warcraft 2 - The Dark Saga NTSC - played through 1st level all plays well.
2 x Vita TV PVE-1000 - 3.18/3.18
4 x Vita 1000 - 1.80/3.18/3.18/3.18 kiosk
1 x Vita 2000 - 3.18
PS3 Slim 320gb OFW
PS3 Phat 40gb CFW 4.55 Rogero
PS4 White 500gb
enix08

Post by enix08 »

help how to merge two .bin files into one? because my game has two .bin which is track1 & track2 and I think this is the cause why is my game not working

sorry offtopic
Zernix
reprep

Post by reprep »

enix08 wrote:help how to merge two .bin files into one? because my game has two .bin which is track1 & track2 and I think this is the cause why is my game not working

sorry offtopic
i assume you are not talking about a 2 game disc. if the game has one disc, track2.bin is probably the CDDA track, and it is useless in Vita POPS as it won't play it anyways. you can just convert the first .bin.
enix08

Post by enix08 »

reprep wrote:i assume you are not talking about a 2 game disc. if the game has one disc, track2.bin is probably the CDDA track, and it is useless in Vita POPS as it won't play it anyways. you can just convert the first .bin.
im not talking about 2 discs but your right it is a CDDA if converting only the first .bin then it will be work in other games so I post this as not working

c-12 Final Resistance (US) - Not Working

issues: stops at PS logo (I also tried on TN-V and it also have the same issue)

EDIT: Now Working
Last edited by enix08 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zernix

Return to “TN CEF”