Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

The Official TN-V9+ PS1 Audio Compatability Thread

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
linkboy

Re: [TN-V9] PS1 Audio Support Results

Post by linkboy »

hgoel0974 wrote:Please Note: I suggest adding ideal settings in the notes as well if you change any settings in the PEOPS SPU options.
Also, added both posts to the list.
I'm still messing with the settings for the games I've got. I recommend putting Suikoden II into the Not Working category, it just gave me a hard freeze and locked up the entire Vita.
Advertising
will164035

Post by will164035 »

A general inquiry: is anybody else having problems getting back to the xmb menu or by pressing the home and returning to the vita livescreen are or whatever it is? because in both cases ff8 crashes, want to know if its a problem with the game or if everybodys having it

=====
hgoel0974 wrote:Please Note: I suggest adding ideal settings in the notes as well if you change any settings in the PEOPS SPU options.
Also, added both posts to the list.
In that case, ff8 works with all settings put to fastest, but the framerate bites it hard whenever anything happens (GF, draw, run, attacking)
Advertising
Last edited by SMOKE on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
Alpmaster

Post by Alpmaster »

Blaster Master Blasting Again plays with sound lagging
Same goes for Kings Field.
Game On!
mgolany

Post by mgolany »

Terricule Thank you worked like a charm although abes exodus crashed when i first played it. Had to close the exploit.
jack52032

Post by jack52032 »

Skullmonkeys is Working default settings requires patch to work http://www.mediafire.com/download/urk96 ... SA-FIX-.7z
Last edited by jack52032 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Terricule

Post by Terricule »

[Not Working] Alundra
[spoiler]The game plays, but seems to hard freeze after a minute or so of playing.[/spoiler]
[Not Working] Xenogears
[spoiler]Hard freezes during intro text.[/spoiler]
[Not Working] Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver
[spoiler]Massive stutters during intro cutscene, game runs at like 4fps. Voices skip in and out, mostly out.[/spoiler]
[Not Working] Koudelka
[spoiler]Freezes upon a new game.[/spoiler]
[Not Working] Policenauts
[spoiler]No music, nothing happens upon pushing New Game at the intro menu[/spoiler]
[Working with Issues] Parasite Eve
[spoiler]Game very runs slowly, a little faster with reverb and Interpolation both set to fastest, but not by much.[/spoiler]
[Working] Fear Effect
[spoiler]No problems so far besides very minor sound problems[/spoiler]
[Working with Issues] Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
[spoiler]Seems to run fine, massive lag during explosions.[/spoiler]
[Working with Issues] MediEvil
[spoiler]Looks to run full speed. Music glitches every now and then. In-game voices are incomprehensible, garbled and muffled. Some sound effects go on indefinitely or longer than intended, at least until until a loading screen is hit.[/spoiler]
[Working with Issues] Rising Zan
[spoiler]Runs decently enough. Music is garbled and full of static.[/spoiler]

Also if we're changing formatting a little, i'd say go ahead and change Megaman Legends to:
[Working with Issues] Megaman Legends
same spoilers and all.
Last edited by Terricule on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
qberty

Post by qberty »

Crash Bandicoot 2 - Runs perfectly after Intro's. Missing some small sound effects like Crash's spin move and jumping. Starts to lag a bit when it rains in levels. Default settings.

Spyro The Dragon - Runs perfectly. Cinematics have no sound. None of the dragons have any sound. When Spyro spits fire, and most of other sound effects is cut off lol. Default settings.

Crash Bandicoot 3 (Warped) - Runs perfectly. Almost all the sound effects and voices don't really work well (infact it ruins some of the character face animation between level loads when they talk to you). All background music plays fine, though you lose a couple FPS when the music starts trying to play multiple instruments or transitions to new beats. Ironically, the chicken running around is the only working sound effect. Also when you break boxes with multiple wumpa fruits, you lose considerably more FPS. Default settings.
InnocentSam

Post by InnocentSam »

Game - Status - Description

MediEvil - Partially Working - Sound works for sound effects but not speech, loud sounds play when opening doors with runes.

Resident Evil 3 - Not Working - Sound is choppy on FMVs, Sound is fine ingame, but the game itself lags like heck.

Spyro 3 - Working - No problems early-game. Fully playable.
“You never understood games. Maybe that's why the world was such a mystery to you.”
Daniel Suarez, Daemon
ATMOZER

Post by ATMOZER »

Crash bandicoot works pretty flawlessly.

Twisted metal 3 froze in the start menu but the intro movie scene was pretty epic. I thought it was gonna work :(

=====

Time crisis works like a charm. Intro n gameplay. Although I only tried the timed trial instead of the story mode I still think that it would work either way

South Park works well. The intro is annoying and does not work at all so I warn that u should probably lower the volume until the start menu. The gameplay is fine. I found a lil bug while fighting the turkeys that they sound a lil glitchy. Kinda like a broken record. But they'll shut up as soon as u snowball em.

I'm only briefly trying the games cuz I have a bunch to test but I think I'm gonna be up all night! Tn-v9 is by far my favorite
Last edited by SMOKE on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
Ryugi

Post by Ryugi »

[Not Working] Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped US
[spoiler]Freezes in some points. unplayable .[/spoiler]

Return to “TN CEF”