Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Can't Copy Persona to Vita from PS3?

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
Horikawa Otane

Can't Copy Persona to Vita from PS3?

Post by Horikawa Otane »

I'm sorry for any ignorance. I'm new ;-;.

So, I borked my TN-V installation based on the Shin Megami 2: Innocent Sin exploit (the QSP[?] bug). I redownloaded the game and kept it in a bubble on my PS3.

I then connected my Vita to the correct version of OpenCMA on the PC, switched it over to the PS3 mid-flight in order to bypass the firmware version check, then attempted to copy the bubble over to my Vita. It won't show up in the PSP menu. My PS Classic games, which are also in bubbles, show up, but not that that PSP one.

Am I scr..ed or is there some other way to get the exploit game back on the PSP without updating?
Advertising
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: Can't Copy Persona to Vita from PS3?

Post by SMOKE »

It's blocked by Sony. There's no way to transfer it until it comes back on PSN.
Normally then you can transfer it.
Why didn't you take the 5 mins to make a backup on your Pc?
Advertising
Horikawa Otane

Post by Horikawa Otane »

SMOKE wrote:It's blocked by Sony. There's no way to transfer it until it comes back on PSN.
Normally then you can transfer it.
Why didn't you take the 5 mins to make a backup on your Pc?
I didn't know how at the time. I know it's not an excuse - I was stupid and fully admit that.

Also, the game is back on the PSN though?
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

It may be on the PS3 PSN but it's not on the Vita PSN. That's probably why it's not able to be transferred.
Horikawa Otane

Post by Horikawa Otane »

SMOKE wrote:It may be on the PS3 PSN but it's not on the Vita PSN. That's probably why it's not able to be transferred.
It is though?

Link here lists both PSP and Vita compatibility.

What's more, I have the option on the website to send it to my Vita. Though it doesn't do anything when I try. It goes to my queue and stays there.
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

Horikawa Otane wrote:It is though?

Link here lists both PSP and Vita compatibility.
It was removed from the store shortly after the exploit was released and they just never updated the listing. But yea that's the game.
Horikawa Otane wrote:What's more, I have the option on the website to send it to my Vita. Though it doesn't do anything when I try. It goes to my queue and stays there.
Afaik you need to be on the latest firmware for that. Idk cause I never used it
Itaiker

Post by Itaiker »

I'm having the same problem, using FTP gave me the QSP glitch and now I can't use anything PSP related, including the games I actually bought...
Can't transfer it from my PS3 either, I hope it'll work soon...
darkfangel

Post by darkfangel »

I think I've searched around the internet that Persona 2 cannot be copied from the PS3 at the moment.

I was also initially using the Persona 2 exploit and did back-up to my computer.

However, when I switch my PSN account (From Aus to US and then back to Aus), when I start up the Persona 2 game, it obviously asked me to activate my account. And from what I've noticed, the only way to activate the game is by transferring the game from PS3. And obviously I can't transfer it from my PS3.

In the end I had no choice but to buy Numblast, which is possible to transfer from the PS3. I'm glad that I bought the Numblast exploit because I wanted to play Persona 2 someday and scared that my savefile might over-ride the exploit savedata. And also, Persona 2 uses up about 1 gig of memory, whereas Numblast is only about 30MB.
Sleetui

Post by Sleetui »

Currently I have this problem as well. So far has anyone else been successful with copying Persona 2? TN-V9 so close, yet so far.
Horikawa Otane

Post by Horikawa Otane »

Found my solution. Won't work if you don't have the money, but I can verify the Numblast exploit does still work for 3.01 =D.

So, I'm on TN-V9 and actually making a backup as we speak.

Thanks so much darkfangel! And you're right - the Numblast exploit is so much better anyway. It's way smaller and is much more convenient (no need to load the data yourself).

edit: For those wondering, the クルトン exploit also still works. I've now backed up my exploited Japanese PSN too =D.

Return to “TN CEF”