Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Why do PSP games look so rough? (TN-V7)

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
reprep

Re: Why do PSP games look so rough? (TN-V7)

Post by reprep »

The Z wrote:
reprep wrote:i remember playing Tekken 3 on psx and saying "wow, graphics can't get better than this.". Just play it on ps3 now.

i compared psp games on vita side by side by psp go. psp go is much more clear because of lower res and lower screen size. PS vita isn't as sharp but the larger OLED screen makes up for it. Plus second analog joystick is a welcome addition. remember to enable bilinear filtering and disable color space. These will help a lot.
It has the same resolution as every other PSP, but if you were comparing it with the Vita, then I did not say a word :)
yup i compared it with vita.
Advertising
stonemandy

Post by stonemandy »

Idk phantacy star and grantrismo looks awesome to me its briter and more color full .
Advertising
fmj77

Post by fmj77 »

I've been playing Syphon Filter Dark mirror and Resistance Retribution on my Vita and I think they both look much better than on my PSP. Using both sticks also makes the games much more playable in my opinion.
k__dam

Post by k__dam »

fmj77 wrote:I've been playing Syphon Filter Dark mirror and Resistance Retribution on my Vita and I think they both look much better than on my PSP. Using both sticks also makes the games much more playable in my opinion.
What options do you choose for the right stick?
reprep

Post by reprep »

k__dam wrote:
fmj77 wrote:I've been playing Syphon Filter Dark mirror and Resistance Retribution on my Vita and I think they both look much better than on my PSP. Using both sticks also makes the games much more playable in my opinion.
right stick can replace left stick, d-pad, square-cross-triangle-circle buttons, L and R buttons or start-select buttons.

usually d-pad, L-R buttons and x,o,square,triangle buttons are the most used ones. they usually refer to camera movement in 3d games, so this way we can have the usual "move the character with the left stick, move the camera with the right stick" combo we are used to.
k__dam

Post by k__dam »

reprep wrote:
k__dam wrote:
right stick can replace left stick, d-pad, square-cross-triangle-circle buttons, L and R buttons or start-select buttons.

usually d-pad, L-R buttons and x,o,square,triangle buttons are the most used ones. they usually refer to camera movement in 3d games, so this way we can have the usual "move the character with the left stick, move the camera with the right stick" combo we are used to.
Thanks for the quick reply. I've been playing socom bravo team on the vita and couldn't get the right stick to function properly. Perhaps the game wasn't coded correctly for me to manipulate the right stick
reprep

Post by reprep »

as the buttons are digital and the analog stick is analog (wow, i am a genius), the right stick camera movement isn't very smooth. still it is much better than "clawing" or pressing L and R for camera. you get used to the jerky movement after some time, it is not jerkier than using the face buttons or d-pad, it is just not as smooth as an analog stick we are used to, that is all.

Return to “TN CEF”