Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

My tn menu wont read any homebrews nor isos/csos.

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
robin121

My tn menu wont read any homebrews nor isos/csos.

Post by robin121 »

Greetings, i´ve got a problem. I cant install Homebrews nor isos/csos. I tried almost every way possible. my tn menu wont read nothing. I tried compressing with the store option. I´ve also tired to capitalise a Iso/cso file with the 8 character limit, and nothing worked for me so far. I know there is a homebrew called FTP that you can send over files in a safe way. But my menu wont read homebrews nor isos/csos. Please help me, ive been trying to get it work for ages now.

Thank you in advance :D
Advertising
awolkiller6554

Re: My tn menu wont read any homebrews nor isos/csos.

Post by awolkiller6554 »

when you zip the files the zip file should be INSTALL.ZIP (well anything u can easily remember but less than 8 chars) and the files in that zip should be like this PSP>GAME>homebrew>eboot

there have been lots of tutorials on this forum i dont know why one of them hasnt been stickied :?
Advertising
Pleinair is the best character EVER!!! [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]its a joke that they used in the game im not going go curb stomp a girl then utter bros before hoes[/spoiler]
robin121

Post by robin121 »

Thank you for the tip, did not work though :/
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

thealgorithm

Post by thealgorithm »

Think of the exploit savegame folder as a temporary area.

get your homebrew. lets assume the homebrew is in the folder 'hbrew'. Create a PSP folder, then inside that, create a GAME folder. then place the 'hbrew' folder
from the root of the 'PSP' folder create a zip file with no compression (eg. store mode). make sure that the filename is 'INSTALL.ZIP'
Ensure that extensions are visible in explorer

place this 'install.zip' in the savegame folder with the exploit

Use the Vita system to copy the savegame (with the install.zip file),

when you run the exploit, select the file. (it should have the same picture as the homebrew that you are installing). It will ask whether or not you wish to extract it. Select yes

What it will do at this stage is to create the PSP/GAME/hbrew/ in the PSP emulator filesystem with the files of the homebrew and delete the install.zip file.

You can then run the homebrew software.

Repeat the process to install any other homebrew.

For ISO files, you can just copy them to the savegame exploit folder and then use the content manager of the vita to copy the savegame folder across (ensure the ISO file is all in capitals with 8 chars max) You can also use CSO files

When you click on the iso game, it will ask you whether or not you want to copy it to the default emulation file system ISO folder. You can select NO, and it will ask you whether or not you want to run the ISO. Select yes to run it.

I have found that selecting the first option 'copy to default folder' crashes the system. If this is the case, you can download the PSPfiler homebrew app. and manually copy the CSO/ISO file across to MS0:/ISO (you would need to create the ISO folder). You can then run the ISO without the system asking you whether you want to copy to default location or run it etc.

Hope the above info is sufficient
SeongGino

Post by SeongGino »

And responding to all this, this is confusing. This was why Vita FTP (Sometimes called Duck FTP for obvious reasons) was invented.
I can say after dealing with the "Joy" of transfering with OpenCMA only for MH VHBL, that is still the easiest file transfer other than Duck FTP.
I'm just your average Seong. Move along, nothing to see here...
robin121

Post by robin121 »

Thank you all for these wonderful guides, still not working for me :/ when i transfered the compressed zip to my vita, i thought it would work. But when i enter the tn menu i see a lua player file instead, and it gives you an option to extract. when i extracted the lua file it disappeared.

The vhbl was much easier, this is so fiddly :/

Please help, i'm in a urge ;)

Thank you ;)
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

robin121 wrote:Thank you all for these wonderful guides, still not working for me :/ when i transfered the compressed zip to my vita, i thought it would work. But when i enter the tn menu i see a lua player file instead, and it gives you an option to extract. when i extracted the lua file it disappeared.

The vhbl was much easier, this is so fiddly :/

Please help, i'm in a urge ;)

Thank you ;)
Wrong structure. I bet you have something like this:
INSTALL.ZIP -> /LuaHB/EBOOT.PBP
But you need this:
INSTALL.ZIP -> /PSP/GAME/LuaHB/EBOOT.PBP

The TNMenu extracts the stuff inside of the INSTALL.ZIP to ms0:/, thats why you need the /PSP/GAME/ folder inside of the ZIP.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
robin121

Post by robin121 »

Sorry for my noobiness, thank you so much! it worked!!

thanks all!!! :D

Still the iso/cso problem, I copied the iso file to the expolited save file. I also named the iso file FATE in big letters. It did not work, i dont see why? :(

Thank you, you all been a big help :P

Edit: will it work if i install the ftp homebrew and go from there?

Edit : Testing :P

Edit: Got it to work!!! :P thank you guys :P

Return to “TN CEF”