Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Roller Coaster Tycoon Vita port?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
John Dupe

Roller Coaster Tycoon Vita port?

Post by John Dupe »

Could someone point me in the right direction with this? It could be nothing more than an article about porting x86 ASM to ARM.

Someone please help, and I am capable of compiling for the Vita right now, so don't worry about that.
Advertising
Stuff I've done:
libvita3d
yifanlu
Guru

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon Vita port?

Post by yifanlu »

I'm assuming you're talking about https://openrct2.org ?

If so, it shouldn't be too hard. OpenRCT2 is built on SDL and some open source projects. Luckily, it seems like every dependency library already has a Vita port! Follow the directions to set up VitaSDK: https://vitasdk.org then get some of the homebrew samples working (especially the SDL rectangle one). Then you can try to compile OpenRCT2 using Vita toolchain (it uses CMake too, so that makes things easy, just do "cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE= $VITASDK/share/vita.toolchain.cmake" and try to compile it). Almost certainly you will run into problems--you can resolve them by either disabling features or by trying to fix them. Run into any cryptic issues and you can ask the #vitasdk IRC room in FreeNode for help.

Good luck!
Advertising
noname120
Developer

Post by noname120 »

OpenRCT2 does not depend on RCT2's executable any longer, so you will not need to translate any assembly.

Here is what could get you started (this will not work but this is a good starting point):

Code: Select all

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/vitasdk/arm-vita-eabi/lib/pkgconfig cmake ../ -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE="$VITASDK/share/vita.toolchain.cmake" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DDISABLE_HTTP_TWITCH=on -DDISABLE_NETWORK=on -DDISABLE_OPENGL=on -DPKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/pkg-config -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/usr/local/vitasdk/arm-vita-eabi/lib
By the way, you will need SDL_ttf. Edit: It's now included in the vitasdk external libraries.
Last edited by noname120 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead
John Dupe

Post by John Dupe »

Thanks for all your replies! I want a project to tinker with, so I will certainly try to fix problems!
Stuff I've done:
libvita3d

Return to “Programming and Security”