Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

On the Right Track?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
kyalta

On the Right Track?

Post by kyalta »

I've been programming in multiple languages for quite a few years. Originally started with web-based programming. Branched out to Node.js, Python, C/C++ and have tinkered with Rust.
I wouldn't consider myself to be an expert in these languages. Most projects I've worked on, I've just been using libraries. I've written bots, some web socket stuff. Nothing fancy, which is why I'm trying to further my knowledge into the underlying fundamentals of computer hardware and software.

I'm currently learning about the CPU, memory management, the kernel, Asm x86 and ARM, buffer overflows.. etc. - I'm reading (and enjoying) "Hacking: The Art of Exploitation" by Jon Erickson. I also plan on moving onto these books:

Kernel Exploitation: Attacking the Core,
Practical Reverse Engineering: X86, X64, Arm, Windows Kernel, Reversing Tools, and Obfuscation,
Assembly Language For x86 Procesors.

My goal is to be able to realistically contribute to the PSVita Dev community, and assist in reverse engineering / exploit discovery. I need to get up to speed before then of course. I'm grateful that molecule have HENkaku technical documentation on their website, which I will get around to reading. And the Vita Dev Wiki looks interesting.

I've heard writing an emulator can be really good when learning Asm / Reverse Engineering, so maybe I'll start with that?

Am I on the right track? I feel like I'm picking up these concepts pretty nicely.
Is there anything else I should read? Am I reading too much? Any resources, talks, etc you can share?

Thank you.
Advertising

Return to “Programming and Security”