Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Testing my own made homebrew on pc first?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Stiffeno

Testing my own made homebrew on pc first?

Post by Stiffeno »

Hi, I have recently setup all the SDK and such to start making my own little homebrew apps and games for Henkaku (in C/C++) and I was wondering is there a way to test my homebrew after its compiled on my pc? via an emulator or something? or must I transfer my programs to the Vita every single time I made a change?

Im hoping I dont have to because that would be very tedious to say the least!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I found on the Henkaku dev page this bit of info:
"When developing homebrew instead of rebuilding the vpk and reinstalling it on every change, you can upload your new eboot.bin to ux0:app/TITLE_ID/eboot.bin over ftp".

However id rather (if its possible) to test on my PC first, just like if I was to code something for Windows.
Advertising
noname120
Developer

Re: Testing my own made homebrew on pc first?

Post by noname120 »

It's currently not possible, unless you add a lot of platform-specific code.

In the future, if someone creates some kind of multi-platform library, it could work. There were a few libraries on the PSP like the JGE++, but there is none currently on the Vita as far as I know.
Advertising
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead
Stiffeno

Post by Stiffeno »

Aww thats a shame :(, sure will make it annoying having to re-upload every time I make a typo or something >.<! Ahh well, c'est la vie.
Akabane87

Post by Akabane87 »

Well, if you're working on Windows, and plan to do a cross plateform windows/vita lib, I suggest you to give a look at the samples provided with the official sdk (one got leaked long time ago). If I remember well, they made a small lib in the samples named libscesampleutil that is crossplateform vita/windows(dx11)/ps4. You can definitly try to port this one to the unofficial sdk, or at least take inspiration from it.

I'm personnally working on a project using the official sdk and made my own crossplateform lib highly based on libscesampleutil. I would have shared it if it wasn't infringing sce copyrights or was at least compiling with the unofficial sdk, but lots of stuff is missing for now to port it on the unofficial sdk :? .

Return to “Programming and Security”