Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

★ Mini Settings For QA bubble [Testkits/Devkits]

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
cfw_hype

Re: ★ Mini Settings For QA bubble [Testkits/Devkits]

Post by cfw_hype »

dennisdk1 wrote:Here is the VPK file which at the moment just gives an error when starting https://mega.nz/#!bEEw2bzR!yJVi1TylAhl4 ... zfoVr3IZ9g
haha nice good work bro.
Advertising
dennisdk1

Re: ★ Mini Settings For QA bubble [Testkits/Devkits

Post by dennisdk1 »

It is not useful, for now. Unfortunately
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Lion_Amongst_Men wrote:Can you provide the folder that mini settings sits in? you can use Filezilla to transfer it to pc (: if that is possible it just needs to be encrypted and encrypted to be transferred into another vita. (but i could be wrong, don't take my word for it)
Its in vs0:/app like any other system app and we already tried being crafty and shoving it into a vpk and just dumping it into a retail vita.

The problem as many would guess is a retail Vita and Henkaku by the looks of it can't run a dev signed app.
So the solution is to resign it so it will run with henkaku right? well its encrypted so its being looked at but nothing so far.

BTW even if we could get it to run I doubt any of the options would do anything.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
PixelButts

Post by PixelButts »

fate6 wrote:BTW even if we could get it to run I doubt any of the options would do anything.
I like to believe it would. People would love the X/O button swap.
Mooliecool

Post by Mooliecool »

fate6 wrote:
Lion_Amongst_Men wrote:Can you provide the folder that mini settings sits in? you can use Filezilla to transfer it to pc (: if that is possible it just needs to be encrypted and encrypted to be transferred into another vita. (but i could be wrong, don't take my word for it)
Its in vs0:/app like any other system app and we already tried being crafty and shoving it into a vpk and just dumping it into a retail vita.

The problem as many would guess is a retail Vita and Henkaku by the looks of it can't run a dev signed app.
So the solution is to resign it so it will run with henkaku right? well its encrypted so its being looked at but nothing so far.

BTW even if we could get it to run I doubt any of the options would do anything.
Its actually because we can't install it as a gda because scepromoter can't make gda's into bubbles. If you install it as a gd it will install fine but be promoted as a gd, where it will lack the permissions needed to do what it does. TBH the only way is possible is if we could write to vs0 directly, since apps there do not need to be promoted to make a bubble.
Vita FAT 3.50 EU 3G/WIFI PHP ARK-2 APE TN-V11
Vita Slim 3.36 HK WIFI OFW
[Traded]TV 3.15 TN-X Patched
PSP 3000 4G 6.20 PRO B8
Freakler

Post by Freakler »

PixelButts wrote:
fate6 wrote:BTW even if we could get it to run I doubt any of the options would do anything.
You can already do that by modding the registry though. Hard to do... but works :D
PSVita 1001 - 3.60
PSVita 1004 - 3.60 IDU
PSVita 1004 - 2.02 TN-V
PSP 2004 - 6.60 ME-1.8 (TA-085v1)
PSP 1004 - 5.00 M33-6 (TA-081)
PixelButts

Post by PixelButts »

Freakler wrote:
PixelButts wrote:
You can already do that by modding the registry though. Hard to do... but works :D
I want SmartTV support for the Vita over software. Hard to do but I bet it's possible.

Straying off topic though, but since you're here I have a question.

On your testkit, can you make this bubble appear and work while NOT on 3.60? I'd be interested to know if it functions at all on FW below 3.60.
Freakler

Post by Freakler »

PixelButts wrote:On your testkit, can you make this bubble appear and work while NOT on 3.60? I'd be interested to know if it functions at all on FW below 3.60.
You can test that yourself can't you? It most probably won't though. (Can't get failmail to set up anymore..)
PSVita 1001 - 3.60
PSVita 1004 - 3.60 IDU
PSVita 1004 - 2.02 TN-V
PSP 2004 - 6.60 ME-1.8 (TA-085v1)
PSP 1004 - 5.00 M33-6 (TA-081)
Lion_Amongst_Men

Post by Lion_Amongst_Men »

PixelButts wrote:I took a quick read on the rules to see if there's any issue uploading the files and from what I saw there doesn't seem to be.
If there is an issue then by all means do edit and change as needed.

The files are here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ia2f8 ... S10104.rar
so here is the good news and bad news
Good News the file structure is sound and can be placed into the directory (if) the Directory vs0 can become writeable or a way to shove the folder in the file can most likely be used by accessing it.

Bad news the drive is read only and I can't put the documents to test that theory. (this method also requires some knowlege on making a duplicate bubble and send the path to the file as well to work as a switch.)

fate6 wrote:

I was thinking this exact same thing so if the Retail vita(s)/(ai?) have a debug menu it will be set as a backup program hidden in the systems files set to download off the sony servers if it exist. The retail debug menu could also be hidden in the settings already but just needs to be activated somehow since the app doesn't seem to exist in the retail vitas files as far as we know.
Last edited by Lion_Amongst_Men on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haxxor Entusiast ◕‿◕。♫♬♪ ♩♭♪
Twitter @PersephoneVican
Playstation3 OFW latest
PS Vita 3.60 Henkaku
PS4 Latest
Alienware 14
3ds XL

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Lion_Amongst_Men wrote:*snip*

Actually my current line of thinking is Henkaku bundles a elf loader on vpk install which intern is used to run the homebrew so running any signed anything probably wont work.

At least till we can edit the exploit to run stuff other then its loader.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Programming and Security”